black forest in Easter - is climate good

dxtans

Reaction score
Hello,

The wife and I and planning to do the black forest region around mid -april, problem is not to such on the weather and road conditions at that time of year.

Wondering does anybody know what the weather would be like at spring time over there.

Thanks
dxtans

Hello

I went to the Black Forest in early May a few years ago. The weather was warmish and bright, but on the higher roads there was still plenty of snow piled up by the side of the road. It was certainly "fresh" on the passes, and the water run-off on most corners was disconcerting. I don't know if this was typical weather.

We were camping, and one night nr Freudenstadt was absolutely bloody freezing - thick ice on the tent by the morning. Ski resort on the Vosges Mts in France (just across the Rhine) were still if full flow.

Check a michelin map for dates of road closures (if any) but remember that they'll be typical times, and just because it's later won't necessarily mean it's not covered with snow for a day or two if you're unlucky.

The roads are great, though, and snow on the mountains makes for better pictures!

Yep, it can still be rather cold above 500m in April, sometimes with snow, although there's not too much at the moment. Let me know nearer the time and I'll giv you an up to date weather report (It's currently clear and minus 4 in the valley).

Die Swartzwald

Hello,
The wife and I and planning to do the black forest region around mid -april, problem is not to such on the weather and road conditions at that time of year.

Wondering does anybody know what the weather would be like at spring time over there.

Thanks
dxtans

The weather cannot be much different than here nowadays who can tell.any way We traveled through the Black forrest in 2002 in May on our way to East Germany and the CZ. Must do Titasee the main tourist village, great camp-site. we entered Die Swartzwald vie Basel in Switzerland. nice town at the foot of the region, watch out for all the tram lines though, dodgy when wet.try to get there of a week end because there are thousands of bikers enjoying the sweeping mountain bend and every few miles are pubs and great cafes full of bikers, hope tohave been of some help.
grizzley.

Back
Top Bottom