Country vs Challenge

GSKF

Reaction score
Does anyone here know if the base bike is the same on the two models?
ie wether the differences lies only in the suspension components, forks, and general cosmetic ad on parts.

happy new year to all

:ChrisKelly :beerjug:

Acording to Advrider, it's the same frame.
Probably is, as it's a lot cheaper to produce just 1 frame, rather than three different frames for the Moto/Challenge and Coutry...

Thank's
So in your opinion it would be possible to upgrade the front fork and rear suspension on the Country with a set of Ohlins or WP for a Challenge, and then mount the larger TT Excel wheels set for a Challenge, all as a straight swap ?

/K

Swap it for a xc !!It'll be cheaper and the real Mcoy!! The XC's can be got from £2750 (off road school x bikes) to £3995 or so with low miles Try one first I love em others dont!!

Thank's again. I have tried the challenge and as you, i liked it too :thumb2, the cheap ex offroad school bikes were all gone from Vines this year. apparently pre sold, i guess by a lot og you reading this post. :tears

Anyhow, reason for initial post is a plan to completly rebuild and upgrade vital components anyway, so was looking for answers to wether the base bike is the same, as there are more low millage and cheap country's on the market than XC's

Allready own two stock shaft drives so want to build myself a tricked out chain driven thumper to complete the collection

/K

The main frame and the rear sub frame are the same on both bikes. However is would be well worth checking to see if the swing arm is also the same.
If it is then any OE or after market rear shock for the XC will fit the X country. You'd then need to change the front forks to match. These are likely to cost you upwards of £800-£1000 if you can find any. add the £400-£600 you'll be paying for the rear shock, you'll need to find a X Country for less than £2200 just to break even.
Then there's the dummy tank and the lay-out of it's contents, handle bars and so-on.

IMO if you haven't yet bought the bike, don't bother. The cost would more then likely be prohibitive, to build a bike that isn't really what you want it to be.

Val.

The main frame and the rear sub frame are the same on both bikes. However is would be well worth checking to see if the swing arm is also the same.
If it is then any OE or after market rear shock for the XC will fit the X country. You'd then need to change the front forks to match. These are likely to cost you upwards of £800-£1000 if you can find any. add the £400-£600 you'll be paying for the rear shock, you'll need to find a X Country for less than £2200 just to break even.
Then there's the dummy tank and the lay-out of it's contents, handle bars and so-on.

IMO if you haven't yet bought the bike, don't bother. The cost would more then likely be prohibitive, to build a bike that isn't really what you want it to be.

Val.

I think it was Daithi that changed his Air shock for an XCountry spring shock so I would assume they are the same swing arm.

I think it was Daithi that changed his Air shock for an XCountry spring shock so I would assume they are the same swing arm.
Yip, I had a good look at both side by side and they seem to be identical, either way the XCountry shock went in to the XCallenge no bother.
BTW, I've done a bit of tootling around off road with the sprung shock, risers and substantially lower gearing and it's transformed the bike.

Back
Top Bottom