450X on the Blackstuff

alcanara

Reaction score
Hi all you 450X owners......From reading your threads it is hard to work out whether you trailer the bikes to the trails or ride the tarmac.

I wanted to know what it was like on the normal roads getting to and from the green stuff..... Is it good.... can it do the occasional commute/trip to the shops??

It would be very interesting to know as it is such a focused bike on paper?

Your Thoughts???

cheers

stuart:rob

No problems on tarmac, I would put my road work at 20+ hours and it is fine but does tend to rip up the back tyre somewhat. For long distance stuff I use a Cooper rack that fits to the towbar of the car.

I agree with Ovenpaa - its fine on the road espacially with the 15 tooth drive as it gives the bike more top end speed.The front end will start to bob a bit around the 65mph mark.The downside is how fast it chews through the rear tyre.It is a focused bike but is a great enduro tool that is at home doing the odd road blast to get to the tracks etc
Jay B

Top end on 15T is an indicated 155km/hr plus which is over 90mph - fair to say it was getting a bit lively at that speed but I have had the same on forest roads a few times and it seemed stable enough. I commuted to work on mine a few times to get the first few hours on it and I travel up to 50 minutes each way by road sometimes to get to the western sea and it is fine, quite comfortable in fact at 90-100km/hr which is 60mph ish.

Just choose a route that has gas stations and/or strap a couple of MSR fuel tanks to the rear mudguard :thumb2

Thanks guys... your comments are really reassuring.

I did here some funny stuff at launch about warranty being invalidated if you blasted it for too long???

Thanks again

Stuart

thats true warrenty on the engione is gone when you go for a longer periode over 120km/h (15fs). but the warenty is very strange.
it says,

if you go for a longer periode faster then, when te display starts flashing speed then you should slow down, when it stops flashing but is constant speed then a fault error will be stort in the pcu.

but how long a "longer "period is nowone at bmw holland cab tell me....
or how long you must slow down,, noone can tell.
But i thought that possu?? told that is you go 30 seconds over the speed then you should hold loose youre gas for a sec and then you can go on again.. (damn my typing end english is worse today.......)

Back
Top Bottom