Welding

RichieS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need a small bracket welded to the frame of my HP2E so that i can permantley locate my remote pre load.

Anyone in the Surrey (preferably Guildford area) who can knock me up a small bracket and weld it to the frame for me? (and not charge a fortune??)

Thanks

Richie

gazzbart off here, he's a welder. I could make it but it'll be rough and that a good day for me or thinga ma jigs in byfleet are very good ask for David they're Off Oyster Lane near the train station. Little engineering firm can make anything, bit like Goms in Woking use to be till they all died

Be very careful when welding frames. The bikes of today have a multitude of electronic circuits easy damaged by welding currents.
Can you not use a bracket and hydraulic pipe clamp similar to those shown in the link here.
I have some sizes available and there is a steel or stainless steel reinforcing that the valve bracket can be welded to (off the bike).
I have some sizes in black plastic and some in green plastic. All you need is the diameter of the frame member where it will be bolt around.

Timpo.

good point I was talking about making a frame clamp and bracket which the preload thing bolts onto not attach it directly to the frame cos it's bound to go wrong or be in the wrong place.

doughty clamp with bracket welded to the fixture

Doughty Engineering LTD
Crow Arch Lane
Ringwood
Hampshire
BH24 1NZ

Tel: +44 (0) 1425 478961

Fax: +44 (0) 1425 474481

then a custom bracket to fit the shock absorber....

Bracket

Be very careful when welding frames. The bikes of today have a multitude of electronic circuits easy damaged by welding currents.
Can you not use a bracket and hydraulic pipe clamp similar to those shown in the link here.
I have some sizes available and there is a steel or stainless steel reinforcing that the valve bracket can be welded to (off the bike).
I have some sizes in black plastic and some in green plastic. All you need is the diameter of the frame member where it will be bolt around.

Timpo.

Timpo,

Now thats exactly what i was looking for!!:thumb

Diameter of frame is 20mm. Would i need one size smaller to ensure a tight fit or do they compress? Black would be good if one available, otherwise whatever you have thats fits. can you advise me of cost and will get that sorted ASAP

Cheers

Richie

Now thats exactly what i was looking for!!:thumb

Diameter of frame is 20mm. Would i need one size smaller to ensure a tight fit or do they compress? Black would be good if one available, otherwise whatever you have thats fits. can you advise me of cost and will get that sorted ASAP

Right, I have a 20mm in black here.
PM me a bracket diagram.

Timpo.

bracket

Timpo,

Sorry, didnt seem to be able to attach pics in a PM so posted them here. Will PM you seperatly

Richie

Attachments

• bracket5a.JPG
    bracket5a.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 213
  • bracket 6a.JPG
    bracket 6a.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 224
Bracket

FAO Timpo

Just so you get an idea of what it looks like on bike

Richie

Attachments

• bracket 1.JPG
    bracket 1.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 201
  • bracket 2.JPG
    bracket 2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 218
Timpo,

Sorry, didnt seem to be able to attach pics in a PM so posted them here. Will PM you seperatly

Richie

I think some of your measurements are out, the top whole looks like it says it's 8mm edge to centre of hole but the hole is 9mm ? theres something similar going on with the two lower holes ?

thought you should know

I think some of your measurements are out, the top whole looks like it says it's 8mm edge to centre of hole but the hole is 9mm ? theres something similar going on with the two lower holes ?

thought you should know

Whole hole?
It all looks ok to me.......

Timpo.

This should do it Richie........?

Attachments

• HP2 BRKT2.bmp
    120.8 KB · Views: 199
Right, I'm on it, so give me a couple of days.
In the meantime, PM a postal address to me.

Timpo.

Back
Top Bottom