K&N filter

david306

Reaction score
For all of you who are thinking about it or like me never really got around to getting one and putting it in...

Make like Nike and just do it !!!! :aidan

My bike feels great with it in. It feels like its finally breathing properly. Lovely through the mid range with a sweet deep groan coming from the air box.

If you a sceptic and your worried about dirt getting through it or something like that ... get a prefilter !!!!

There you go, nobody has any excuse now.

My bike has definitely benefited from the K&N filter.

BTW . it passed mot last week so i have been using it everyday ...WHOOP WHOOP !!!!

I now await a slating...:augie

no ta!

I'll make do with the bog standard - I'm not sure I want to add a "deep groan" however sweet it may be to the various strange noises my bike already makes.

:augie

I recently ran with a K&N filter but have just gone back to stock; Hong Kong is pretty dusty in the winter months (cool and dry weather) and I was concerned about the [reported] differences in dust filtration between stock and K&N ...

... anyway. I have noticed that the bike feels slightly breathless at motorway cruising speed (110 km/h in HK) and above. I am going to refit the K&N to see if there really is a difference - I think there is but it's all 'seat-o-the-pants' stuff!

I suppose that as long as a K&N is kept oiled, dust filtration shouldn't be a problem.

This thread could be a can of worms ... :toungincheek

Nick

i put one in and really didnt notice much, however i already had a pipe, techlusion unit, and a clean filter before hand ,
the k and n got fitted cos
(a) i could clean it
(b ) it was in my garage

(thought you didnt oil k and n,s now?or do you on a gs?)

wondered, as there was a test in one of the mags showing that k and n,s flowed better without, and a lot of tuners wernt oiling them anymore

wondered, as there was a test in one of the mags showing that k and n,s flowed better without, and a lot of tuners wernt oiling them anymore

Mmmmmmm ... I could imagine that unoiled, it might flow better but I would have thought that the oil plays a part in catching dirt and dust :nenau ? Take away the oil and you are more prone to a build up of finer particles in the air box / getting into places where it shouldn't be?

I'm happy to keep it oiled - I will replace mine tomorrow (K&N back in, stock out) to see what the seat-o-the-pants meter thinks!

Nick

Just keep the K&N oiled, apart from keeping the fine dust out
it also keeps the moisture out.
Look at dirt bikes and a well oiled filter is a must.

i put one in and really didnt notice much, however i already had a pipe, techlusion unit, and a clean filter before hand ,
the k and n got fitted cos
(a) i could clean it
(b ) it was in my garage

(thought you didnt oil k and n,s now?or do you on a gs?)

I think to get the best out of your pipe you will need slippers.

Standard paper vs K&N, no measurable difference on the dyno. The R1100S makes more bhp yet has a smaller paper filter as standard, do you really think the standard GS paper filter is restrictive? Good marketing by K&N:)

Back
Top Bottom