Train from Scotland to North of Italy ???

stevia13

Reaction score
I live in Scottish Borders, and wonder if anyone has any info / knowledge of the possibility of putting a bike on the train eg at London; Calais to get me quickly to closest part of Northern Italy. If so, any contacts, ideas of price etc would be very much appreciated. With thanks, stevia13 :green gri

I was booked on a train from Salzburg to Dusseldorf in August but i missed it:blast
They are highly recommended. Given you location I thought it would be a good option and when you add up what you would save in terms of fuel,hotels,added miles onto your bike then the train is a better option.Plus you will will have more time on the road actually on your hols rather being stuck on a motorway. :thumb2

Ok, above is one very good option to consider - what about putting bike on train on or near either London or Calais, to north of Italy, or perhaps near Annecy area in France - does anyone have knowledge or experience - costs etc? :green gri

Rail Europe is the company to contact. You can't (at least couldn't) book more than 90 days in advance on French Motorail. The timetable won't be out yet. I've travelled from Calais to Nice - good service. If you continue on to Paris then the choice of destination is much greater and there are many more trains. I've done this as well and enjoyed it.

You could ride to Leeds and get your bike shipped to Italy.

I Too need to travel from Fife in Scotland

Planning my next adventure in June. Now that most of the ferries to the cold North have been withdrawn it looks like south for me. Any more options to get to France or the Alps by train?

I've got six of us booked onto the train from Belgium to Bologna in June courtesy of www.railsavers.com returning the following week.

I worked it out the one night train would cost us about £90 more than a two day trog along the motorways, taking into account fuel, meals, rooms etc.

Back
Top Bottom