Coldest commute on 800gs?

tim dew

Reaction score
the OBC recorded a minus 5.5 Celsius this morning. Bike performed with no problems :clap

anyone seen lower today?

now it is black/yellow and white

Tim

GOD IT WAS COLD THIS MORN

IT TOUCHED -7 IN CROOK (COUNTY DURHAM) THE GS PERFORMED CRACKIN AS USUAL.

Effing cold

I only managed a poor -5 across Newcastle to Kenton Bar. The heated grips didn't do much good, I've ordered some TT handguards, hope that keeps the windchill down

Jimmy

I only managed a poor -5 across Newcastle to Kenton Bar. The heated grips didn't do much good, I've ordered some TT handguards, hope that keeps the windchill down

Jimmy

If you get your TT handguards before the mercury hits 25c again I'll be stunned :jes

Are TT really that bad?

If i plump for an 800 i was already eyeing up a few nice little bits to add .

I see Nippy normans little ad at the top of this page, are they better ?

Oh , and not to derail the thread, I saw 23f on my display this morning, good job my mini's got a heater :D

-6.5 for me, something of a record for me - the lasst one was around -4 I think a few years ago brrrr

felt lovely n warm on the way home at -1:Motomartin

"-7 deg C in Lancashire "

wow thats cold:eek

I have the BMW handguards plus fins (extention pieces) , no good only cover half of your hand.

roll on spring

Southern Softie club here... -2.5C on a 105 mile round-trip yesterday.
No handguards (yet!) and BMW's tepid heated grips left me wanting more...

Two pairs long-johns, Richa thermal trahsis, 3 Tshirts, 1 thermal fleece and an HG Tuareg jacket with thermal liner, FT Aqua gloves (5 yrs old and STILL waterproof!), Sidi Courier boots and 2 thin prs socks, Metal Mule Buff took care of the neck and a very draughty Tour-X topped it all off...

Greg - brrrr :rolleyes:

-7.5c A48 adjacent to lydney this morning at 8am this morning before warming to a balmy -5C near chepstow,
32 miles fingers and toes a bit uncomfortable but the metal Mule screen helps.

Fortunately it was nicely warmed up to -5C again for my return trip at 5.45pm tonight- those barkbuster handguards are looking more and more reasonable:eek
Heat grips on full bore but the cold just overwhelmed them :eek:

Does anyone have an input on if barkbusters would help?

mmmmmmMotttto

:tarka

Jimmy

the TT guards wont save you. I have them and found I hatd freezing knuckles and roasting palms. I bought the Tucano Muffs from Val H on here. :thumb

I pulled the fur lining out a bit so it stops air turbulence getting inside.

When I left work tonight it was -6c and the bike looked like a prop from the day after tomorrow. The frost looked incredible on the bike. :clap

-9 at Danby (North york moors) this morning....was told -11 at Castleton bit further on....

Had to turn the heater up in the van mind :D:D

Southern Softie club here... -2.5C on a 105 mile round-trip yesterday.
No handguards (yet!) and BMW's tepid heated grips left me wanting more...

Two pairs long-johns, Richa thermal trahsis, 3 Tshirts, 1 thermal fleece and an HG Tuareg jacket with thermal liner, FT Aqua gloves (5 yrs old and STILL waterproof!), Sidi Courier boots and 2 thin prs socks, Metal Mule Buff took care of the neck and a very draughty Tour-X topped it all off...

Greg - brrrr :rolleyes:

Are you sure your not from wimpborne ;)

-20 this morning on the way to work here in Leipzig. I was in a car though :D going to be -27 tonight :eek. Its one time I'm glad my bike is at home.

Are TT really that bad?

If i plump for an 800 i was already eyeing up a few nice little bits to add .

I see Nippy normans little ad at the top of this page, are they better ?

My own experience - 3 orders all cancelled after 6-10 weeks of non-delivery. To be fair, this was soon after the bikes release last March - although it's a personal gripe of mine that I've yet to find a BMW accessory dealer who displays online stock availability - with the exception of hornig who supply from Germany.

Unless anyone knows different....

PS. -5c in Nottingham, heated grips not an optional extra :coold

-20 this morning on the way to work here in Leipzig. I was in a car though :D going to be -27 tonight :eek. Its one time I'm glad my bike is at home.

Eeek! :eek:

-5 up the M3 yesterday a.m. in my shitty renault with a bust heater !

Would have been warmer on the bike!

Gloucestershire -10

I know I am really sad, but after an initial -10 at 5am this morning ( A48 heading into Gloucester ) I even started playing with the speed as increasing from 50 to 60 mph dropped it another degree. There really is no hope for me !
Especially as I could have taken the car instead.

Back
Top Bottom