PDA

View Full Version : How Much Weight can I Lose in a year??

Betty Swollocks
07-01-09, 13:05
In keeping with Thunder & Oonyack's attempt to stop smoking a year before the trip, I have decided to try to lose as much weight as possible, starting, a year to the day before the trip.

This morning I was 19st 6ib (272lb) :eek: I intend to post my weight on the first day of each new month. Some family and friends have agreed to sponsor me one pound sterling, for each pound weight I lose each month. If I put weight on, I will throw 10 into the kitty for every pound I gain.

At work and home, I have produced a poster and chart and declared my intention to approx 40 workmates this morning, so it is now official.... I gotta do it.

Watch this space, as I will keep you all updated as to the progress at the monthly weigh-ins...

Oh and I am not asking for anybody here to sponsor me for lb......, but if you feel like sticking a quid in the accound, my justgiving link is here...

sockpuppet
07-01-09, 18:24
Betty. For each month your down I'll stick 5 in the kitty.

Uinneag
07-01-09, 18:44
Good luck my fat friend.

I'm on my third day with no smokes so I will probably pass you on the way up when your coming down in wieght:blast

Eat as much as you want just don't swallow it:beerjug:

There is more calories in drams than beer:( sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings:augie

Robbo1200ADV
07-01-09, 18:46
the Robert Deniro Diet of raw fish worked in Raging Bull!! He did all the Fat stuff first!!:bow

DrFarkoff
07-01-09, 18:52
hit www.slimmingworld.co.uk and follow it I'm back on it after drifting off course a tad

I lost 2 and a half stone in 3 months and I didn't starve as you well know! :aidan :aidan :aidan

Monsieur
07-01-09, 18:56
2 days into the south beach diet - more choice than alkins diet :thumb2
I'll give it up by the weekend no doubt :rolleyes:

Mandylicious
07-01-09, 19:10
hit www.slimmingworld.co.uk and follow it I'm back on it after drifting off course a tad

I lost 2 and a half stone in 3 months and I didn't starve as you well know! :aidan :aidan :aidan

+1 I have a few friends who lost weight through Slimming world and are still keeping it off :thumb2

Good luck Stephen :aidan

Fruitcake
07-01-09, 19:59
+1 I have a few friends who lost weight through Slimming world and are still keeping it off :thumb2

+2 (joined again on monday night :augie)

Good luck Stevie and all the best with the fundraising too :beerjug:

PatchGS1150
07-01-09, 20:04
You got no chance fatty...:augie

Jaq
07-01-09, 20:14
I think the medical concensus says to lose about 2 pounds per week is a safe weight to lose....:)
Good Luck...if you eat all that Christmas chocolate now, which is still lying about the house, it won't tempt you later..............:D

sockpuppet
07-01-09, 20:33
I think the medical concensus says to lose about 2 pounds per week is a safe weight to lose....:)
Good Luck...if you eat all that Christmas chocolate now, which is still lying about the house, it won't tempt you later..............:D

Thats 7 stone in a year!

Betty Swollocks
07-01-09, 22:40

Wow! Thanks for the kind gesture :thumb2

And to everyone else for the words of kindness. Had Oonyack warned me about the drams I might have reconsidered.... too late now!

7 stone in a year...... I wish :drool

Mzokk
07-01-09, 23:22
If you were 7' 4" your BMI would be 24.7!! Good luck with the weight loss don't think eating less think eating better and running around more!:D

Davel
08-01-09, 09:35
Or grow another 18 inches!

:D

Betty Swollocks
08-01-09, 20:59

Cheers Jay, I may join you in the future... at present, I am just gonna eat less and eat 3 meals a day.... cut out the drink as much as possible. I will prob have one treat night a week.... eat a take away and have a bottle of vino or two :augie.

Anyways, I was hungry this evening and found out how to overcome.... spend an hour unblocking the sewage drain :eek:

DrFarkoff
08-01-09, 21:03
Why not go online and register there and work from home

Treats are built into this diet as long as you work the system!

Spear Ruler
08-01-09, 23:04
Loosing the weight is not the greatest problem, but keeping it off is. The 2lbs a week is the best way cause you have to work on the bad habits and have a health lifestyle to keep it going.

Great!........ Revenbyrne had just made a bucket of tea and brought in a tray of biscuits........ he doesn't worry about his weight!!!!!!! MEN

Best of Luck will be watching every month

Geraldine

STUBBS
08-01-09, 23:32
seaweed is the next thing in the diet world these look like the next fad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1106023/Seaweed-pill-works-like-gastric-band-pharmaceutical-free.html

best of luck:thumb2

Betty Swollocks
09-01-09, 12:20
seaweed is the next thing in the diet world these look like the next fad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1106023/Seaweed-pill-works-like-gastric-band-pharmaceutical-free.html

best of luck:thumb2

Funny, you are the 2nd person today to recommend the seaweed to me....... must be something in it, although I was never big into seafood.... :toungincheek

Uinneag
09-01-09, 12:43
Put your socks on yir hands and every time you put food tae yir mouth ye'll smell feet and it'll put ye off:thumb2

Candyman
09-01-09, 13:04
I hit 100kgs and decided that was it :mad:
I decided to keep to 3 meals a day and no snacking unless it was fruit.
I avoided, chocolate, sweets, bread, rice, crisps, and most processed foods. I cut down on alcohol and meat.
To my amazement in 3 months I was 90kgs :thumb.
The first week of my regime was hard but after that was OK. There were days when I would go off track but was back on it the next day.
Best bit is that I eat more fruit and Veg.
I have fallen foul to the xmas bing but in a month I will be back to my ideal weight. It is amazing how quickly you can put weight on :eek:

Crapaud
09-01-09, 15:16
I went for my annual diabetic checkup recently and got a right bollocking from the nurse. Apparently, my blood sugar levels are far too high. I'm not too much overweight (6 foot 1 inch and 15 st 3 lbs) but it would be useful for me to lose a few stone this year and get much fitter.

Starting this week, I have stuck to a strict healthy eating diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables. Nurse told me to cut out cakes and biscuits but I never have any of these anyway. I think my main problem was simply too large portion sizes and probably too much alcohol. Since start of this week, NO alcohol for next 4 months when I have my next medical review.

Now doing a bit of exercise every day. Been chain sawing in my woods to build enduro track. Getting breathless and sweaty everyday.:) Just done a few laps of track on KTM 300 so that should burn off a few calories.

Best form of exercise is something that you enjoy doing so I've committed to doing at least a few laps every day, weather permitting. I built a new gym just before Christmas but waiting for electrician to wire it all up before I can use it.

Target weight for easter time is 14st 7lbs with another stone off by end of year. :)

Betty Swollocks
31-01-09, 13:45
OK folks......... last day of my first month of trying to lose weight to raise sponsorship for Calum's Road.

Start weight on 7th January was 19st 6lb or 272lb
Today's weight is 18st 11lb or 263lb. That means a loss of 9lb in 3 and a half weeks! So, hopefully my just giving page should show a bit of activity this weekend.......

Deleted account rno
31-01-09, 15:49
Put your socks on yir hands and every time you put food tae yir mouth ye'll smell feet and it'll put ye off:thumb2

Easy to see you didnae hae socks on yer hauns this mornin' :augie

bustupbiker
31-01-09, 16:58
Seaweed

we have been eatin the crap for years in Wales....:augie

Betty Swollocks
01-02-09, 20:03

OK folks....... Sockpuppet just donated on justgiving :JB:JB:JB and I have never even met the bloke! Many thanks!

Anyone else on here owe me a fiver????? if so, stick a wee donation in the kitty and we will call it quits :augie

Betty Swollocks
28-02-09, 12:33
Had my 2nd weigh-in today.... 18st 6lb (258lb) a loss of 5lb this month.

So, that's a stone off so far. :bounce1

Mandylicious
28-02-09, 12:36
Well done :clap:clap

:aidan

Crapaud
28-02-09, 13:18
I'm down to below 15 stone. :)

Only just mind. 14 stone 13.5 lbs:D

Still on target for 14.5 st by Easter.

Uinneag
28-02-09, 13:23
Well done the both of you:thumb2

Thunder
28-02-09, 15:07
Well done chaps, at this rate Oonyack and I will be the fat bastards on the trip, with no fags it appears we are gaining a few pounds :blast

Betty Swollocks
01-04-09, 19:52
3rd weigh-in didnt go too well.
18st 7lb.... 259 lb. I gained 1lb. So, as promised, I have donated a tenner to the fund and given my sponsors a month off.
What's my excuse? Well I had surgery on my hand at the start of the month and have been lying about the house feeling sorry for myself since. I'm glad it was just a pound.... I was worried it would be half a stone :eek:

Mandylicious
01-04-09, 19:56
18st 7lb.... 259 lb. I gained 1lb. So, as promised, I have donated a tenner to the fund and given my sponsors a month off.
What's my excuse? Well I had surgery on my hand at the start of the month and have been lying about the house feeling sorry for myself since. I'm glad it was just a pound.... I was worried it would be half a stone :eek:

Don't be to hard on yourself, as you say it was only a pound and you were expecting it to be more :comfort

Betty Swollocks
01-04-09, 20:04
Thanks Mandy...... and I was expecting the first reply be someone calling me 'fattie'
:comfort

Monsieur
01-04-09, 20:24
Thanks Mandy...... and I was expecting the first reply be someone calling me 'fattie'
:comfort

FATTIE :D

Seriously, I wish you well. Like most on here I've got a few pounds to lose and always find the first couple of days on a 'diet' easy - just gets impossible after that :rolleyes:

Always find that I'm hungry so normally have to have 2 diets at once :blast

sockpuppet
01-04-09, 22:01

Phew. More beers tokens for me then.

Myke Rocks
01-04-09, 22:23
Don't worry about how much to lose in a year.

Try pancreatitis. I did.

Lost 7 kilos in a fortnight!

Not to be recommended though!
Not one of life's better experiences.

Michael

Betty Swollocks
02-04-09, 07:52
Not pleasant Myke..hope you are better now. I was visiting my uncle in hospital this week who has contracted Wagners syndrome, which attacked his pancreas..... he has lost almost 6 stone since Christmas.
Surviving that makes my weight loss sound easy

Betty Swollocks
01-05-09, 19:50
Folks....... not good news I'm afraid.

Still off work, housebound for the first bit of the month, babysitting. At one stage I was 5 or 6 lb up on last month, but I have honestly managed to claw it back and am still exactly the same as last month...... 18st 7lb.

So none of us have to add to the fund. But it has given me the kick in the ass I need, so watch this space!

Mandylicious
01-05-09, 20:05
Great that you're still motivated Stevie :clap

You did very well not to gain any weight while housebound so to speak. It's very easy to snack along with the kids.

Betty Swollocks
01-05-09, 21:11
cheers Mandy.... that's half the problem. Two kids, who seem to snack all day, then look for 3 meals and a bedtime supper.......

If I was able to give up the smokes a few years ago, I know I can do this.

BS

Betty Swollocks
15-06-09, 23:14
Folks.... this started off as a good idea, but made money for the charidee very quickly, then went sour.

<p>
No-body needs to respect me for my initial weight-loss, but respect me for my honesty......................................... bit late this month...

But at least I have paid my dues. 40 for Callum's Rd to reflect the weight gain this month!

DrFarkoff
15-06-09, 23:35
Ya just need to get back on track Steve!

Bottles o water, an loadsa fruit, and Wheetabix, an porridge, and beans, an peas, and pasta, rice and spuds tae fill yer up = The Tossers Shite Yersen thinner diet

Or the Jagermiester method Drink a Bucket o that "Gunk!"and turn yersen inside out boakin and get the chubby bits scrapped off while yer inside out :aidan :aidan :aidan

Betty Swollocks
17-06-09, 00:49
Cheers Jay.... currently on a health farm, type place....... doing a re-habilitation thingie after me op and bike "collision" last week.

Trying to get back into the gym stuff after my long absence.......

S

neil 23
17-06-09, 22:57
Hope its not the Glengarry Castle Hotel health farm :fnikefork :beer:

Betty Swollocks
05-07-09, 22:26
Mmmmmmm... weigh in at end of June not good.

2lb on, so I just donated another 2 tenners as promised.

I am still half a stone off since starting, but not going well. The fundraising is much harder than expected. So if anyone feels like taking pity on me... please feel free to throw fattie comments at me online... the catch is, you gotta do a 2 online donation for the pleasure.

Good news is, I have booked a Chicago Blues band for end of September and they will be playing a Calum's Rd charidee night in Carrickfergus in aid of my cause.... watch this space.

One English Tosser and his wife already committed to attend the doo, so it should be a well attended event

Mandylicious
05-07-09, 22:32
Here ya go Stevie, I'm sending this guy ta visit ya :D

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/pugwall2/motivate.jpg

Betty Swollocks
05-07-09, 22:38
Here ya go Stevie, I'm sending this guy ta visit ya :D

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c347/pugwall2/motivate.jpg

LOL Desperate times and all that!

DrFarkoff
21-09-09, 22:46
Right Stevie Update on this one too!

Wifey's Shop is done and dusted????

Kitchen is Done ????

What about a focus pint again Maybe We Can Talk Johnny Two Bellies ( :oonyack ) into Joining you with Tash as the ref?

Oops Should that read focus point Freudian Slip me thinks :aidan:aidan

Betty Swollocks
27-09-09, 23:21
Ok, enough already..... I was fat when I started this thread... am still fat and although my weight has fluctuated, it returns th the Fat B scale every time.

How much would I need to put into the fund to get the Mods to delete this embarassing thread?

Thunder
07-10-09, 19:48
Ok, enough already..... I was fat when I started this thread... am still fat and although my weight has fluctuated, it returns th the Fat B scale every time.

How much would I need to put into the fund to get the Mods to delete this embarassing thread?

A pound a pound could sort it........ :augie

Betty Swollocks
07-10-09, 22:22
A pound a pound could sort it........ :augie

Rog.... I trust you mean a pound for each pound I have lost thus far??? If so, you may even owe me money :D

Thunder
07-10-09, 22:28
Rog.... I trust you mean a pound for each pound I have lost thus far??? If so, you may even owe me money :D

More like a pound for your current poundage :augie

Well you did ask! :D

Fanum
07-10-09, 22:29
It's a same you slipped up and made it a year to the day from the START of the trip, not to the END of it......You'll lose a stone and a bit probably on the trip itself :comfort

:blast

Thunder
07-10-09, 22:32
It's a same you slipped up and made it a year to the day from the START of the trip, not to the END of it......You'll lose a stone and a bit probably on the trip itself :comfort

:blast

Aye, dysenteries a bitch!!! :eek: :D

Fanum
07-10-09, 23:07
Aye, dysenteries a bitch!!! :eek: :D

:D:D:D

Decent non-processed food, less beer than normal, no junk food, less sugar all round and some prolonged activity....I think I came back from the scoots 1 trip just under 2 stone lighter...

It didn't take too long to go back on though :blast

sockpuppet
09-10-09, 08:09
I went to Gibraltar with the TA a few years ago. We did some pretty hard training in 30 degree heat. PT every morning at 5am followed by a full days graft unless you were on the exercise and that was hard, hot and shite.

Lost 2 stone in 2 weeks :o