First post since getting 12GS last June

Wally

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thought it was about time I put in an introduction.

I bought my 05 1200GS last june on my return to biking after busting up my Bandit12 six months prior. I initially wanted an 800 GS but after visiting the dealers I new I really wanted a 1200. I couldn't afford a new one so went second hand and private. Unfortunately the seller, who had sworn blind that there were no problems with this 4000 miler, did not tell the whole truth. When I rode the bike home it became apparent that the rear brake was binding badly and the rear disk was getting very hot. Also the gear position indicator was only working intermitently.

I managed to fix the gear position indicator by getting the details off this site and fitting a part bought from a scrap dealer. Took ten minutes and cost me £23.61 exactly. Not too bad then. I also replaced the pads on the rear brake as I discovered that the friction material had separated from the metal back plates and was jamming in the rear disk mechanism. Obviously dangerous. Unfortunately this did not initially completely fix the problem and I have since replaced the caliper seals and the master cylinder. This job cost me nearer £150. Not so good.

Ayway as soon as the salt is cleared off the road I will be off enjoying the fruits of my labour again around the roads of North Wales where I live. I have noticed from the posts that there a quite a few Tossers living in this area. Must be popular BMW territory.

Happy Days

Welcome On Board ! Shame you put your Location on as we could have had HOURS of fun with "Where's Wally ?" Posts :augie.
Hope the Problems that you inherited do not put you off.Keep an eye on the Wales Area Sub-Section for Regional Meets.
Oh,yeah,and get yourself Subscribed .

welcome

hi and welcome tae the site wally
you will defo need tae keep your sense o humour as there is some serious pish taking goes on here (ps the scottish section is the best) IMHO

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome and OK I have now subscribed. Painless and inexpensive enough.

By the way despite the initial problems with the bike streching my patience I never loose my sense of humour. Keep taking the p*** or I will buy a Honda.:sleep

Wally

you will more than get a return on your subscription in here there is a wealth of experience .to be had ive found that if youve a problem sombody will likely have been there before you. If you ask loads of folk will give you a pointer in the right direction ( mind n have a good look at the help theads first though) ps ive kept me honda just incase the reliability issues get to me . i recon me 1200adv is the best bike so far:bounce1

hi mate Welcome

Sorry to hear of your Problems, but hope all now fixed.

I bought mine off e Bay! and u think you got Problems!!LOl

See you around

Mike

Back
Top Bottom