Honda CRF450X

frogger

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw up a quick post about my new play bike. It makes a lovely addition to the stable meaning the GS will now take care of mostly long distance duties.

When I was looking for an enduro\trail bike I decided to buy a Honda as apposed to the more common choice of a KTM since I have a history of riding Honda's (XR400, CR250, CRF450R) and have always liked them and are familiar with them. Besides that, I have a pair of red gloves that I needed matching bike for so... :D

When I started calling around to get prices the Honda was £500 cheaper than any other new bike out there, not bad for the bike that won the Baja 500 and Baja 1000. ;) The 2008 onward bikes comes with steering dampers fitted which probably saves another £300+, electric start, etc.

Ordered mine from Doble Honda in Coulsdon. Great service, no messing around and the guys even fitted a Trailtech Vapor computer and XC lighting kit so I don't have hassles on the trails.

Will be getting out on it soon and will update when I can.

crf.JPG

nice bike, the honda single range is much underrated in england, unlike the states

Just thought I'd throw up a quick post about my new play bike. It makes a lovely addition to the stable meaning the GS will now take care of mostly long distance duties.

When I was looking for an enduro\trail bike I decided to buy a Honda as apposed to the more common choice of a KTM since I have a history of riding Honda's (XR400, CR250, CRF450R) and have always liked them and are familiar with them. Besides that, I have a pair of red gloves that I needed matching bike for so... :D

When I started calling around to get prices the Honda was £500 cheaper than any other new bike out there, not bad for the bike that won the Baja 500 and Baja 1000. ;) The 2008 onward bikes comes with steering dampers fitted which probably saves another £300+, electric start, etc.

Ordered mine from Doble Honda in Coulsdon. Great service, no messing around and the guys even fitted a Trailtech Vapor computer and XC lighting kit so I don't have hassles on the trails.

Will be getting out on it soon and will update when I can.

crf.JPG

Nice................very nice

What's the servicing schedule like?

Will hopefully get it proper muddy this Sunday :D

Service schedule is air filter clean every 2.5hrs, oil change every 15hrs but I recon I'll probably just do the whole lot every 6hrs depending on the kind of riding I do which will mostly be trails and some playing on crosser tracks.

There's definately something brilliant about a brand spanking new, crisp, clean dirtbike...:drool

Bit of an update. Been riding the X for a while now and it's absolutely awesome. Super reliable and starts first time everytime. I have added a bigger tank (IMS 3.2 gal) to get more mileage betweens tops. Also added a bunch of other things such as bar risers, Fastway footpegs for better position, radiator guards by Flatland racing, Adventure spec bashguard and some new white UFO plastics and stickers :D

The bike is an absolute beast and squeezing the throttle sure wakes you up quick :thumb2

crf450x_5.JPG

crf450x_6.JPG

Back
Top Bottom