Collector cat or no cat collector?

BigNige

Reaction score
I notice Remus do a collector box with or without cat.

I have to admit preferring the look (but not the restriction) of having a collector box (without cat) as opposed to the bare bum look of the Y piece.

Anyone used the Remus collector (no cat) box?

Opinions?

Cheers

:)

Yep... I use the 'Y' piece and the standard silencer Nige, makes the bike feel less restricted and sounds a bit better.. recommend it. There's quite a lot of info about this on the forum if you do a search.... :)

I'm thinking about installing a Y piece just to get rid of the cat.

1. Will I notice a difference by just doing this (mpg/perfomance)?
2. Will I need to worry about the centre stand at all, or is it a straight forward replacement?

Muddy.

Thanks Sleepy.

I don't actually mean the Y piece though.

Remus specify replacement collector boxes but without cats and that was what I was referring to in my terribly worded first post.

:(

:D

I've just got a touratech y piece and a standard exhaust. I think it tidies up the look and has given me a perceived increase in mid range power (at least I like to think it has) although fuel consumption has definitely improved. Up to around 45-50 rather than 40-45.

Guitarman,

Did you have any problems with the centre stand? I've noticed that there is a 'stop' for the centre stand on the original cat.

Muddy.

Hi Muddy,

No problem. The touratech has an extra 'bar' which runs across to the right and the centre stand rests on there.

Cheers

Dick

Back
Top Bottom