Rear final drive bearing numbers

Captain25

Hi i have removed the rear final drive bearings on my R1100s as helped from members on here, but due to the fact i heated them off, i cannot see the bearing numbers. Can anybody help as i should be able to get the bearings alot cheaper at our local bearing supplier.

Thats the main final drive and the one at the other end The oil seal i assume is from BMW mnai dealer only?

I'm sure someone posted on here (Steptoe probably) that main dealer prices for these bearings were quite cheap (and obviously to the correct tolerance) - might be worth checking....

Thanks

£80 for seal and two bearings???????

To be honest that sounds pretty reasonable to me :nenau .

I'm pretty sure there's a thread on adventure rider which gives part numbers - might be worth a search.

Special Bearing?

You must have used a lot of heat:eek , anyway, I thought the wheel-side bearing was a special for BMW?? - and as Steptoe says, main dealer price is ok - it's a big bearing and seal:thumb
Remember, you can only change the outer bearing & use the existing shim - if you change the inner taper bearing you MUST do a shim check and fit the correct shim behind the taper bearing to maintain correct backlash:eek:
The outer bearing can be changed using the existing shim in the housing behind it.

Cheers.....................Grizzly:beer::beer:

OK - in this page of a long thread on ADV:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87214&page=3

Steptoe references the part number of the big bearing as: 61917 C3

However, I don't know if this is referring to an 1100 or an 1150 (or indeed if they're actually different in 11xx FD's) and I can't be bothered digging through 13 pages to find out ;)

Back
Top Bottom