Almost there

Kaybe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a second hand R1200GS in the next few days and so pop my BMW ownership cherry.
I have spent the last 30 years on bikes, mainly head down, bum up types, but decided that now aged 50 would like to do more long distance touring, in particular around my home in Scotland,:eek:onyack but also later this summer in Europe to go watch a GP.
I have driven many BMWs that my friends own, and at some point tried the HP2 Megamoto, which was an out and out hoot, and the HP2 Sport, which was also fun.
Looking forward to the experience.

The eagle (well beak) has landed

Official I now own a 1200GS and enjoyed a short run today. Heated grips were just what was needed.

Even allowing for the cold (6C), greasy roads up here, the bike readily went round corners with a nice turn of speed.:clap

Optimate now fitted and bike awaits being given a longer run tomorrow.

Small shopping list of goodies being prepared, namely;
engine bars,
light protector,
ACF50 on order to give it a protective cover

and open to other suggestions.

hope the bike fits your wishes ........my partner has certainly not regretted moving to the GS world and it was the Scottish Highlands where he saw the potential of the GS.
Enjoy
Geraldine :aidan

welcome Kaybe, hope you'll check out the Scotland Section, normally something on the go......happy biking by the way.....:eek:onyack

Back
Top Bottom