Is there any GS Twin owners in Australia?-Group ride

Dont know of any. I am in Melbourne, Moorabbin. Send me a message if you want to ride. Novice offroad but perferred, weekends are best of course.

Hope to hear from you lilgs (the 800 has plenty of power, consider power to weight)

I'd love to....but I'm in Sydney and it would be a bit far for a weekend ride! Maybe there are a few folks in Sydney???:Motomartin

Dont know of any. I am in Melbourne, Moorabbin. Send me a message if you want to ride. Novice offroad but perferred, weekends are best of course.

Hope to hear from you lilgs (the 800 has plenty of power, consider power to weight)

Hi there Snowy,
something like this?
rokeby24-01-09.jpg

rokeby224-01-09.jpg

that was a challenge without my TKC's i can tell you that.:drool
plenty of power, not enough grip and a shite load of sand...

I care to retort pictorially,...once i upload a photo or two (soon).
That looks like true fun. ENJOY the bike, as we all do.
snowlife

Hi Snowlife,
i couldnt work out how to pm you. would you be interested in a ride some time soon?

if you would like to sms me your number on 0400 077 117 or give me a call id very much like to hear from you and we can organise something.

cheers

Sydney here

F650GS here in Sydney - up for a ride whenever.... flexible work hours !

lilgs, what Remus is that? is that the ti or alloy version? Can I ask how much and where you got it from? Local dealer (Melbourne) is telling me that Remus Australia are unable to supply stock or prices! Hows the pipe sound?

lilgs, what Remus is that? is that the ti or alloy version? Can I ask how much and where you got it from? Local dealer (Melbourne) is telling me that Remus Australia are unable to supply stock or prices! Hows the pipe sound?

Hi Gany,
Who have you tried to get your muffler from? STH BNK BMW or Remus australia?

That response was from Southbank BMW who I assumed tried to contact Remus Australia. Has the pipe done anything to fuel range? Or did you have yours fitted at delivery?

Thanks.

That response was from Southbank BMW who I assumed tried to contact Remus Australia. Has the pipe done anything to fuel range? Or did you have yours fitted at delivery?

Thanks.

ah ok,
I fitted mine, i didnt notice anything to economy. i got the alloy pipe because stocks were running low and i was advised that they were a little lighter, i cant see how. it sounds great, got better with a few klm's. i couldnt really justify the $200 diference for something that will all most definately get a few knocks and dings

hey trust me, anything is better than a OEM muffler that almost has the capacity of 20litres..just dumb on BMW's behalf. it doesnt need to be that big, and weight.. wow! :D

all i have left now is to remove the MEOW ... :thumb2

the titanium is $1k, alloy $850AU -/+

remusmufflers@bigpond.com slip Errol an e-mail, he is very helpful and he should have them in stock.

good luck.
Cheers,
Luke

Thanks mate, sounds like the go then for sure (alloy). Looks good too.

Yeah it was Stefan that informed me they couldnt get stock, so I guess you guys have been buying them up pretty quick! I have a few more weeks til the bike is due anyhow, so maybe between now and then they will get more in.

You're not wrong about the stock version! Makes it difficult now to find a balanced set of panniers to go with the narrower pipes, metalmule is the only I know of and theyre pretty expensive!

Thanks mate, sounds like the go then for sure (alloy). Looks good too.

Yeah it was Stefan that informed me they couldnt get stock, so I guess you guys have been buying them up pretty quick! I have a few more weeks til the bike is due anyhow, so maybe between now and then they will get more in.

You're not wrong about the stock version! Makes it difficult now to find a balanced set of panniers to go with the narrower pipes, metalmule is the only I know of and theyre pretty expensive!

yer thats a very valid point mate, get onto Errol he will help you out. if you get onto it asap hel get it out to you b4 you take delivery. and put it straight on and put the OEM muffler on ya shelf somewhere.

in re: panniers i have just got the adventure panniers as metal mules are just way too dear because of the exchange so it wasnt really considerably. the adventure panniers fit well, have a good amount of storage and look like they should be there. i recommend them. but its personal preference as i also would have liked a balances set for reasons, if i changed bike and they are easier to pack. anything top loading is easier to pack for sure.

cheers
:D

Back
Top Bottom