800GS DeluxeToolkit

I think I have come across these before- IIRC they are of good quality- sort of our equiv of halfords/teng I think

I wouldn't buy it at that price, especially given the current dollar/pound exchange rate, but since I'll be needing to pack a few tools with me when we all tootle off to The Gambia next year, I'll be using the list they provide as a starting point to make up my own kit. However it does help that I already have most of those on the list, and a tool roll which I seem to have acquired:augie will take most of these.

Items missing include a chain splitter, valve core tool, and tyre levers, and probably a few more I can't think of at 1 a.m.:D

Can't see the wheel spokes they mention though...

I considered it but it is expensive and ordered instead a Motion Pro trail tool and a tyre iron with 24mm socket at one end, from Adventure Spec. The addition of a couple of small bits will enable that lot to do the work of the one on Ebay for a lot less money

I know I am not technical and all that ...

but hasn't the seller given away his secrets? You can make your own kit up now by taking that photo down to Halfords etc and pick your own set?? :confused:

You can upgrade certain parts and downgrade certain parts to match your budget?

No? :nenau

Where would I be able to buy a Multi-Ratchet / 3/8" Socket driver?

Attachments

• ScreenShot021.jpg
    ScreenShot021.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 437
I've the special tool kit the do for the X Challenge. It's suppose to be all the tools you need.

It was an impluse buy at a discounted £80.

Neat very compact and to good to get dirty ;-)

Where would I be able to buy a Multi-Ratchet / 3/8" Socket driver?

TBH I wasn't that concerned about duplicating the contents exactly, but was just going to dig out enough bits and pieces from what I already have to do the same job. Now that you've found that separate ratchet head, I find myself very tempted though...:blast

I have just bought one of these off ebay...

I will report when I recieve it!

There's a good one on ebay at the moment reasonable priced:thumb2

makeup_pic.gif

:D

I use the motion pro tool from Adventure-Spec.

I have supplemented it with a few male and female torx screws specific to the 800 and my Leatherman. That's it. I can do pretty much most jobs on the side of the road with that lot. It's also tiny and weights nothing! :thumb2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QMsjjnUzFA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4QMsjjnUzFA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom