France > Northern Spain 7 Day trip leaving May 30

Cormick

Reaction score
A 7 Day trip through France to Northern Spain were looking for some nice (fairly easy) trails (bikes will be fully loaded and one of em will be hired so he won’t want to drop the bugger!) then back up taking in the Pyrenees.

The plan is .…er well there’s no plan really :nenau head south for a few days. We're going feral so self sufficient camping in more remote places:camping, maybe go to camp sites if we cant stand the smell any longer:barf . I’ll have a basic idea of route before we leave but it will remain fluid so we can enjoy the ride instead of thinking we need to be at a set place at a specific time.

We’ll be leaving Essex Sat 30 May and getting the early channel tunnel train to Calais.
We need to be back by the 6 June due to work commitments.

So anybody fancies an easy going 7 day trip must have thick skin as piss taking will be mandatory, farting optional and trip may contain language of an adult nature.

Any trails / camping location suggestions would also be very welcome

cheers Cormick

A 7 Day trip through France to Northern Spain were looking for some nice (fairly easy) trails (bikes will be fully loaded and one of em will be hired so he won’t want to drop the bugger!) then back up taking in the Pyrenees.

The plan is .…er well there’s no plan really :nenau head south for a few days. We're going feral so self sufficient camping in more remote places:camping, maybe go to camp sites if we cant stand the smell any longer:barf . I’ll have a basic idea of route before we leave but it will remain fluid so we can enjoy the ride instead of thinking we need to be at a set place at a specific time.

We’ll be leaving Essex Sat 30 May and getting the early channel tunnel train to Calais.
We need to be back by the 6 June due to work commitments.

So anybody fancies an easy going 7 day trip must have thick skin as piss taking will be mandatory, farting optional and trip may contain language of an adult nature.

Any trails / camping location suggestions would also be very welcome

cheers Cormick

I guess you know wild camping is illegal in France and I suspect it is in Spain also. The French have absolutely no sense of humour about this following lots of forest fires caused by numpties, some of them camping. If you are caught I think you can expect a lot more than a slap on the wrist. The good news is that there are camp sites everywhere.
You are choosing a great time to come down, the weather should be really good without too many f***ing motorhomes.

I guess you know wild camping is illegal in France and I suspect it is in Spain also.

No worries Shenzi

I was aware it wasn’t abiding by a French law but fortunately I’m not French. …seriously I have been approached twice by police before when camping remotely and after a cursory look about the bike and asking where I was from, where I was going they buggered off and left me to it. If there are quite a few of us it may be better to stick to sites but we’ll see at the end of each day:rob

No worries Shenzi

I was aware it wasn’t abiding by a French law but fortunately I’m not French. …seriously I have been approached twice by police before when camping remotely and after a cursory look about the bike and asking where I was from, where I was going they buggered off and left me to it. If there are quite a few of us it may be better to stick to sites but we’ll see at the end of each day:rob

The places you were camping can't have presented the possibility of a forest fire which is all they are concerned about. I'm sure if you choose your places with that in mind and the police can see you know what you are doing then the worst that will happen is being told to move on.
Camping in a forest and lighting a big campfire (yes they do!) would have a very different reaction from the men in the funny hats!

I'll keep the candles to a minimum.
If all else fails I will be dressed as an Nazi :ronnofficer that should have the French on their toes! :hide

I'll keep the candles to a minimum.
If all else fails I will be dressed as an Nazi :ronnofficer that should have the French on their toes! :hide

Cormick, that is in bad taste, the French may not be the best soldiers in the world but that doesn't justify the massacres that took place over here.

I was only trying to help with the stuff about wild camping, if you get caught in the wrong place by a Gendarme or a Forest Guardian having a bad day you will be in a world of shit.

Shenzi bad taste? Do you think I should withdraw from the local election? :eek

I am not responsible for the massacres and can do nothing to change history therefore feel no guilt about it.
In the same way I cannot change what Matthew Hopkins did to the old and the minging in this fine Country. Does it mean we cant laugh about it? Does it bollocks!:rob

:mad: The French have done a pretty good job at carrying out similar atrocities throughout history for example the Tutsi’s in Rwanda in the 90’s ...and going back further in history there was Patrick Hernandez’s "Born to Be Alive" in 1979 :blast

I do appreciate your comments as far as giving me the heads up on moody coppers etc. however it isn’t the first time I’ve done it and it doesn’t rank up there in the usually referred to criminal activities of murder, rape, robbery, assaults, extortion, kidnapping, burglary, fraud or buggering kittens. World of shit? …I’ve been to Basildon before mate;)

PS I’ll keep an eye out for Gendarmes, Forest Guardians, Orcs, Centaurs, Trolls and Willow the Wisps

PPS when I said "it isn’t the first time I’ve done it" I am referring only to the camping …er and the kittens:augie

All the best Cormick

hi myself and eight others are also down that way at the same time as you.we are traveling a rough triangle area of oviedo-pamplona-burgos.we go once a year.the area around the picos mountains has great roads and plenty of campsites.i wouldnt bother booking anything as the campsites are pretty quiet that time of year.so if you see a procession of 2x gses.1xgtr14.2xvfrs. and 1x harley,that will probably be us.[ps the harley might be a way behind,we have our street cred to think of].give us a wave. j

Does it mean we cant laugh about it? Does it bollocks!:rob

:mad: The French have done a pretty good job at carrying out similar atrocities throughout history for example the Tutsi’s in Rwanda in the 90’s ...and going back further in history there was Patrick Hernandez’s "Born to Be Alive" in 1979 :blast

Ah, you find massacres funny? Did you ever get near enough to smell one? I was actually in Rwanda in the 90s and saw all those Frenchmen disguised as Hutus, really good how they did that!

What I was trying to indicate to you from the start and looking back I wasn't very clear about it, was that like speeding etc they have cranked up policing relating to forest fires. As you say it doesn't rank with major crimes but could easily spoil a holiday. Had I known you were so clever I wouldn't have bothered with the warning.

Basildon

I was born and bred in Basildon. . . . . I managed to escape though:D

Unfortunately to Northampton:(

Hi

would love to be kept informed of the route you are taking I am planning on doing something similar in september but spread over 2 weeks

thanks
Grahame

Wideparting

Wideparting we’ll keep a look out for you we’ll be on a 1150GS and a KTM990Adv have to see if we can meet up for a beverage:beerjug:, just don’t let the harley rider choose the venue! :ymca

Ah, you find massacres funny? Did you ever get near enough to smell one?

I witnessed my mate Steve massacring Robbie Williams Let Me Entertain You at Karaoke, he died on his arse it was fantastic! Smell a massacre? Fresh dead don’t smell, I’m a ardent necrophile so I speak with some authority on the subject.

I was actually in Rwanda in the 90s and saw all those Frenchmen disguised as Hutus, really good how they did that!

How did you know? Where they Allo Allo type disguises? Did they just have blacked out faces riding bicycles with onions draped over their shoulders? :nenau

Had I known you were so clever I wouldn't have bothered with the warning.
Glad you did though mate I like a laugh, you should try it :blagblah

I want to know more about the kittens.....:eek:

O so you think bestiality is amusing Martyn?:mad:

Well I started of with a frog but it croaked, tried a piglet but that squealed on me, then a Scotsman told me if you remove the legs from a kitten so that it doesn’t scratch (I use bolt croppers), they make wonderful lovers, Scots call them Sporrans (Scottish for Pussy):eek:onyack

Possibly interested

Cormick,

I'll keep an eye on your thread, as I may be up for this, but can't confirm at present due to work and other possible commitments.

I have thick skin so piss talking is not a problem :D

Have you always lived in Essex ? If so we can chat about Raquels and TOTS :thumb

Cheers,

Piggers.

ps. I am not really from Basildon, I am from Laindon :drool

Cormick,

I'll keep an eye on your thread, as I may be up for this, but can't confirm at present due to work and other possible commitments.

I have thick skin so piss talking is not a problem :D

Have you always lived in Essex ? If so we can chat about Raquels and TOTS :thumb

Cheers,

Piggers.

ps. I am not really from Basildon, I am from Laindon :drool

No worries mate, if you can make it great, we cant change dates as me pal is coming in from the US and we’ve hired his bike he’ll fly back out on the Sunday so we have to be back on the Sat to get the bike back

No doubt thick skin would be an advantageous but we’re friendly really :thumb2 Not that friendly :ymca but friendly:comfort
Been based in Essex most of my life mainly around the Chumpsford area but worked all over. Raquels & TOTS! Jesus never thought I’d hear them names again outside the realms of Tate & Tucker!! :mcgun

No worries mate, if you can make it great, we cant change dates as me pal is coming in from the US and we’ve hired his bike he’ll fly back out on the Sunday so we have to be back on the Sat to get the bike back

No doubt thick skin would be an advantageous but we’re friendly really :thumb2 Not that friendly :ymca but friendly:comfort
Been based in Essex most of my life mainly around the Chumpsford area but worked all over. Raquels & TOTS! Jesus never thought I’d hear them names again outside the realms of Tate & Tucker!! :mcgun

I guess that would make you a Dukes man !!!!!

Cheers, Piggers

Back
Top Bottom