which GPS

xcts

I am looking at purchasing a GPS, did have a Quest before so may look at picking up a second hand one from this site or I may purchase a new unit, I have been looking at the Garmin 60csx or the new Garmin Colorada.

The 60 has been around for some time and is a tride and tested unit, my question to the more informed out there than me is is the colorada as good beter or is the toggle button to fiddlerly to use on the bike.

Looking to use the unit to travel around the UK and europe may be as far as Morroco.

Any advise help would be a help

Timolgra has a Colorado that we used in the LC in November on the way down to Morocco where he used it on the bike.....seemed like a pretty good unit TBH but I Don't know much about them and only saw it in use in the car- might be worth giving him a PM if he doesn't post here about it :nenau

I still use my Quest 1 and it's a great unit...loads of kit around for them and you'll get a complete unit and mounts for around £100 now on Ebay...somewhat limited if you're on a long flexible tour in Europe but fine for a blast down across France and Spain and will hold Maroc Topo at the same time :thumb2

I suspect that the Colorado is a natural successor to the Quest and it did look and work well......I've got a couple of Rino 520HCx units as well though that I prefer for the walkie talkie and other-unit location aspects :)

Back
Top Bottom