Closed Lanes in the peaks...

Great link ...But I was thinking a sticky on the Peaks section with a list of closed lanes would be dead easy to use no need to subsribe to other forums ...

Then Gaz could tidy it up every now and again so all thats left is a list of the closed lanes local to us :nenau

This could be done on the other sections and it all helps to keep things legal...:thumb2

Great link ...But I was thinking a sticky on the Peaks section with a list of closed lanes would be dead easy to use no need to subsribe to other forums ...

Then Gaz could tidy it up every now and again so all thats left is a list of the closed lanes local to us :nenau

This could be done on the other sections and it all helps to keep things legal...:thumb2

I like the idea, but that site is national so you can check anywhere in the country with a couple of clicks and it is added to by any GLASS or TRF member that cares to keep it up to date, not just a few guys on a GS forum, who with the bet will in the world will struggle to keep things up to date.

Nice site. But it wont let me register.

And I'm not going to look at it anymore cos most of the local trails I ride (and have been for 30 years) are marked as illegal :(

Ignorance was bliss :D

Nice site. But it wont let me register.

And I'm not going to look at it anymore cos most of the local trails I ride (and have been for 30 years) are marked as illegal :(

Ignorance was bliss :D

I think you need to be a TRF or GLASS member to register.

I think you need to be a TRF or GLASS member to register.

Just been having a play with the trail wise maps :clap

Would like to register what extra detail do you get if you register ?

Happy to re join the TRF even though the last time I was a member I wasn't very impressed :(

Just been having a play with the trail wise maps :clap

Would like to register what extra detail do you get if you register ?
Without registering you can only search on a 5mile radius (instead of 10miles) if you browse the maps. Not a big difference but if you are researching a whole route/area it is a right pain in the arse.

When you click on a lane it gives you details on the RHS. As a member these show a more in depth details, such as what the lane is like, exactly when it was last used etc. and also evidence of it's status if available.

Happy to re join the TRF even though the last time I was a member I wasn't very impressed :(
Take a read of this:
http://www.therevcounter.com/off-road/26265-do-you-ride-green-lanes.html

It may help. It may not. :)

I have just had a look and so many of the lanes I used to ride from near MArple to Hayfield and over to Edale are missing:( I was going to leave my Husqvarna down in Stockport for risdes out in North Wales and the Peaks but it looks desimated:tears:tears:tears Still far better than in Scotland where we have nothing what so ever ..... legal anyway:augie

Back
Top Bottom