Off road day out with Blue Sweeper

Phil Reynolds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went out today on a ride - out, off road, led by Roy ( Blue Sweeper). Greg Masters gave his new bike a 'baptism of fire' and got it well and truly covered in mud!!

Along with Mark on his Honda XR400, we followed Roy at what I felt was cracking pace over 50 miles of the finest lanes that Surrey has to offer. There were all sorts of terrain to tackle, hills, mud, clay, gravel, water and even sand!! - what a top bloke Roy is for showing us the way. Must definitely do it again - as often as possible.

I hope that Roy posts up the piccies that he took of our heroic efforts for everyone to have a laugh at - see if you can spot me causing a bloody great tidal wave, and the bit you can't see, me almost taking out the photographer as I came out of the water!!!

Well done to those who took part, and my gratitude to Roy for organizing it. 'Till the next time then..............!

Cheers,

Phil:D :D :D :D

I've just got out of the shower - and I'm wrecked! But a fabulous day which must be repeated again soon!

Thanks to Roy for organising and showing us the way and thanks to Mark and Phil for their bonhomie.

Phil gets Tosser of the Day award for the tidal wave that swamped him, his bike and Roy's camera. He almost took Roy out in the process!

:D

Greg

Phil takes a shower and nearly takes out the camera man (yours truly)

Attachments

• river2.jpg
    river2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 182
Looks like superb fun!!

You're all total utter barstewards though...every day I read stuff about off-roading/green laning and every day I'm getting twitchier and twitchier.....I knew I'd be spending more money after buying the GSA but I didnt realise I'd end up desperate to buy a 400 lightweight!!

Gits!!!

:D

Phil.....I think I mentally crossed the line today........I'm off to WHSMiths tommorrow to buy a few mags and start reading up.....just wondering if I can find someone who wants to do a swap for a rather bruised F650 and a zephyr :D

In answer to Masterdabbers question, we were riding the North Downs, east of Guildford - I can't give you any more detail than this as it was a first for me. If you want to know more, send a pm to Blue Sweeper.

OH and Darkhorse, it WAS an AWESOME day out.!!! you've just got to get an off - road bike, asap.;)

Fanum, Agreed sentiments..... re the lightweights, used to do a lot of it back home, here only 1150, and very little/no local knowlege. Seems an awesome idea to have the best of both worlds though, and the pics from BS just add to the sense of urgency, rode safe.

Back
Top Bottom