Versions of City Navigator Europe NT

dave hendy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just taken up Garmin's offer of 'lifetime' map upgrades and as such downloaded the latest version. Now when I use my MapSource and look in the top left corner I have 2 versions in the drop down menu:

City Navigator Europe NT 2009.1

City Navigator Europe NT v9

Should I have the 2 versions?
What should I do if not?
If I should which one should I use?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Dave

Which one was there before the download?

Can look in control panel and "add / remove programmes" if you can't remember which was first.

2009.10 is the latest. You can delete the other one, if you want. V9 is 2 year's old.

I would ONLY remove it using add/remove in the control panel it you just delete the file mapsurce will stop working. Once removed in this manner remove the file from within the Garmin folder on your c:drive

I would ONLY remove it using add/remove in the control panel it you just delete the file mapsurce will stop working. Once removed in this manner remove the file from within the Garmin folder on your c:drive

Thanks Shaun I have deleted the file from add/remove programs OK but I can't find the file on my C: drive.

Dave

It's a bit late now, but there's an advantage in keeping the older version of the maps if you want to share routes with mates who don't have the latest versions.
There should be an option with the 'save as' menu to save as GDB 2 rather than GDB 3, that usually does the trick. Alternatively save in GPX format. Unless they have the same set-up as you (same map version and type, not sure about Mapsource version :nenau ) then they'll be forced to recalculate the route anyway.

Back
Top Bottom