640 adventure

APB

Reaction score
Anyone know what a 2001 640 adventure is worth? It's fantastic for it's age, touratech panniers, akrapovic, 20,000km's never been off road cos all the paint work is superb. Has had the front wheel recall and had the uprated clutch bearing. I have just done the elephant on it and it was one of the few bikes to start for the trip home!
I love the bike but credit crunch and all that has left us abit short eek!

APB

It has the touratech imo as standard but it is in kmh. date of first registration is 13/09/2001 date of first registration in uk is the same date! on the front of the V5 it says declared new at first registration so uk bike.
I'll try and post a few pic's.

if it has the same engine as a the 640 lc4 i wouldnt bother i have a 06 and have had nothing but trouble since i bought it ,sprag clutch,valve rectifier,overheating,a ktm mechanic has had it for nearly 2 months (doing it a on the side )and he cant get it to run right yet, might just have been abused with a previous owner but was clean when i bought it

Mines been fine, done a few rallies on it. Last weekend I was at the Thistle (350 mile round trip), weekend before Nurburgring for the elephant, (980 mile round trip, in the snow) sounds like you have a bad one. Met a guy at the Thistle last year who did the Americas and met up with two guys finishing a round the world trip on 640's. Apart from crashes and short service intervals no problems!

Last edited:
Hi APB

I would like to know if you´re still selling the bike. Please could you PM some pic and how much are you expecting?

Thanks

Roberto

Its now sold I'm afraid, went to Avuss superbikes in Glasgow.
I don't know what they have it up for but it was an imaculate bike.

Thanks for the inquiry.

APB

Yep thats my old bike, I went to the Elephant on it with no problems what so ever. It was one of the few bikes that started first time and without jump leads on the Sunday morning. I bought it with the intention of doing a few of the big bike rallies and general winter riding to keep the 12gs in good nick.
Never did any rallies on it, it was in that good condition I just uesd it for weekend rallys and general hooning about on. They are a fantastic bike but I was wasting it so chopped it in for a KLE 500. The KLE is more comfortable and suits the riding I do in winter better but it is way down on power and not as much fun.
The KTM is in fantastic condition for its age no boot scuffing as usual with this sort of bike and I would say this one has had an easy life.
:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom