Very small tank back

mcgiggle

I seemed to have looked everywhere but can't find a small tank bag that will fit an F650GS and an X Challenge with TT tank.
There are a few with magnets :blast
A5 paper size and about 3 inches thick would be perfect, anybody got any good ideas ?

Cheers
Pete

probably couple of pages either side that page has the universal brace then you build it up from there.

I've got the catalogue open i'll have a look as well..

:thumb2

enduro500.jpg

I use one of these Wolfman Enduro tank bags on my CCM, it's small, but the map pocket is not very big either, more suited to a list of directions and a mobile phone than a map.

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/7/wolfman_enduro_tank_bag

I seemed to have looked everywhere but can't find a small tank bag that will fit an F650GS and an X Challenge with TT tank.
There are a few with magnets :blast
A5 paper size and about 3 inches thick would be perfect, anybody got any good ideas ?

Cheers
Pete

A5 size X 3" ...... thats not a tank bag... thats a tail pack :augie

winding roads supply as before:D

Cheers for that Digga, if you could forward me a link to the site that sells eyes for the back of my head so I can read the map that would be cool :D

Cheers for that Digga, if you could forward me a link to the site that sells eyes for the back of my head so I can read the map that would be cool :D

at A5 size mate you'll be needing a decent pair of glass's, never mind eyes in the back of your head.

You won't go far wrong with one of the Wolfman bags as above. But with regards to 210x148x75mm.. that is bloody small for a tanky bag

um... got one of those myself.

fixes via ring that bolts to the flush filler bolts

i gave away a small a5 magnetic oxford one the other day that would have fitted the bill perfectly lol.

This one is about right BUT it's magnetic http://www.aerostich.com/files/images/detailed/1989_3a.jpg
The others are good but the TT tank on my X Challenge has a motocross type filler cap and the mrs's F650 would be a bit uncomfortable to ride with a tankbag hanging off the side of the bike.
All we are looking to put into them are, documents,phone,wallet, small digi camera,2oz pack of bakki and have a map pocket on the top.
I was thinking of buying a magnetic one and then trying to make my own straps or one without map pocket and retro fitting a clear pocket to the top of it but if it doesn't work it's an expensive waste of time

All we are looking to put into them are, documents,phone,wallet, small digi camera,2oz pack of bakki and have a map pocket on the top.
I was thinking of buying a magnetic one and then trying to make my own straps or one without map pocket and retro fitting a clear pocket to the top of it but if it doesn't work it's an expensive waste of time

Don't know if these help, but here's my battered Wolfman on my CCM. As you can see with the small map pocket removed there is a top flap and two broad strips of velcro securing it. There are also two D rings on the side and two loops at the front.

You may well be able to attach a full size hiking map pocket or similar to the top without too much trouble , and perhaps more importantly, without having to butcher the bag about.

cimg5275medium.jpg

cimg5276medium.jpg

cimg5279medium.jpg

Hi,
The one on this page:
http://www.gearscanada.com/motorcycle-tank-bags.html
...called the mini 2 is the best that I've found. Was perfect for my 650 Dakar until I left it on the bike in Penang and somebody pinched it.
Only problem is that they'll only ship to the US or Canada. Cost around £14 if I remember rightly. If you know someone in the US who is coming over, I'd be interested in getting hold of another one!
Charles

It's often the map pocket that rues out an otherwise OK bag. I think the answer is to buy a separate map pocket and use industrial, self adhesive Velcro to attach it to whatever bag suits best.

Back
Top Bottom