APRIL 26.....Applecross, Wester Ross.....CHAS lunch

Vermonter100

Just a reminder.....to those who are close enough or just want to come!!!

The last two years have been incredible weather and the food and entertainment at the Applecross Hotel have been wonderful.

Lochcarron, Plockton, Kishorn, Achnashellach and Shieldaig are close and have hotels and B&Bs but the majority of folk stayed in Lochcarron last year.

If you need any pointers, advice or want a room - let me know
Best wishes
Rubber Side Down

Colin
colin@stenhousecafe.com

Hi Colin,
I'm planning a trip up to The Highlands in May but I've already booked accomodation.

Any info you could provide regarding accomodation would be helpful for next time.

:thumb2

Phil.

Applecross......

Thanks for your interest gentlemen, last years' event was stunted by the Grangemouth refinery shutdown, so I'm hoping that we will have more this year.

The "Wee Campsite" in Lochcarron is small but effective and in April, there shouldn't be too many of the flying beasts.

On that note.......'have just discovered that they were introduced to Scotland in 1856 to curb rural expansion.

Thanks for your interest gentlemen, last years' event was stunted by the Grangemouth refinery shutdown, so I'm hoping that we will have more this year.

The "Wee Campsite" in Lochcarron is small but effective and in April, there shouldn't be too many of the flying beasts.

On that note.......'have just discovered that they were introduced to Scotland in 1856 to curb rural expansion.

http://www.swanps.co.uk/campsite/campsite.htm

Have none of you read the sign :eek:
Don't quite understand the question ......? Regarding the sign I mean...... We will be there at the end of April.....one of the best seasons to be there......two years ago, with a band and barbeque laid on for us, the girls were down to bikini-tops and most of the riders were wishing that they were not wearing leathers.

Having said that - despite Applecross reading 23 on my temp guage, by the time I reached Dalwhinnie headed South, it was 14 degees and at Amulree in the Sma' Glen, it was 8 degrees......
Ahhh the Scottish weather!!!!

went over the pass xmas rain was coming in sideways low visibility would like to see it on a clear day, nice pub and food in applecross cant remember the name of it though.

Don't quite understand the question ......? Regarding the sign I mean...... We will be there at the end of April.....one of the best seasons to be there......two years ago, with a band and barbeque laid on for us, the girls were down to bikini-tops and most of the riders were wishing that they were not wearing leathers.

Having said that - despite Applecross reading 23 on my temp guage, by the time I reached Dalwhinnie headed South, it was 14 degees and at Amulree in the Sma' Glen, it was 8 degrees......
Ahhh the Scottish weather!!!!

It was a joke!!!! :blast I did Applecross last sept... two up full luggage on a Triumph Trophy... I forgot that I suffered from vertigo... dizzy spell and nausea kicked in, would have loved to stop and take some pics, but if I had dismounted at the top there was no way I was getting back on..... the RAF would have had to air lift me off the top:thumb2. I must admit that later that day i was glad that we did it, but I was very relieved to be on the flat again:bow

It was a joke!!!! :blast I did Applecross last sept... two up full luggage on a Triumph Trophy... I forgot that I suffered from vertigo... dizzy spell and nausea kicked in, would have loved to stop and take some pics, but if I had dismounted at the top there was no way I was getting back on..... the RAF would have had to air lift me off the top:thumb2. I must admit that later that day i was glad that we did it, but I was very relieved to be on the flat again:bow
Dammmit, I was going to suggest the loop of the Furka Pass, Grimsell Pass and the Susten Pass in Switzerland. Do-able in about three hours but with vertigo......maybe not.

Conversely, try Hwy 412 then 64/412 in the Oklahoma Panhandle...... I think I rode West for 3.5 hours in a straight line and at 108 degrees. Had intended camping at Eagle Nest NM but it was so damn cold - almost 36 degrees.....big temp drop.

Back
Top Bottom