990 SMT Launch

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBsPLJ4t124&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBsPLJ4t124&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBsPLJ4t124&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBsPLJ4t124&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice one-thanks for that,I have a test ride booked as soon as my local dealer gets one in as a demonstrator :thumb2

9.5k pounds sterling???

My local dealer's website states that the list price of £9595 assumes a part exchange, which suggests (to me anyway) if there's no part exchange there's a deal to be done :thumb2

My local dealer's website states that the list price of £9595 assumes a part exchange, which suggests (to me anyway) if there's no part exchange there's a deal to be done :thumb2

I made an enquiry to our "local dealer" on 4th. February, here's the reply:

hi yes in march if you deposit to day the price is £8645 if not the price is £9550 many thanks .wayne

Kind Regards,

W. Mounter Motorcycles.

I fell in love with this bike as soon as I saw it, but sorry, I don't think this is worth the money. I may have gone for it at £8645, but not at £9550 :eek:

I've heard tank ranges of 120 miles quoted too!!! That is crap for what the bike is trying to be! :nenau

I made an enquiry to our "local dealer" on 4th. February, here's the reply:

hi yes in march if you deposit to day the price is £8645 if not the price is £9550 many thanks .wayne

Kind Regards,

W. Mounter Motorcycles.

I fell in love with this bike as soon as I saw it, but sorry, I don't think this is worth the money. I may have gone for it at £8645, but not at £9550 :eek:

I've heard tank ranges of 120 miles quoted too!!! That is crap for what the bike is trying to be! :nenau

I hear what you're saying,his prices are inline with KTM's national price increase (did I read 14% ?) due in part to the weak pound against the Euro.
I'll start negotiations based on the test ride experience,I'll be looking for a good deal and 1st service thrown in-if I like the bike enough to want to change,if not-I'll walk ;)
Don't know where you've got the quoted tank range from,at 19 litres the SMT has a bigger tank than the the SM,having said that I don't doubt you could get as little as 120miles from a 19 litre tank if you were trying hard enough:augie but if that's typical consumption for day to day use at around 30 to the gallon it's scary! I would have thought (hoped :mmmm) 40 to the gallon would be achievable at a brisk but not manic pace,giving a theoretical range nearer 160 miles or am I hoping for too much :eek

Very nice. Looks better when riding along than it does in the pictures, I can imagine what it's gonna be like to ride, great laugh no doubt. An all out supermoto with a fairing, what is the world coming to :D Bit expensive perhaps but no doubt a bit of haggling will get the price down.

Cheers for posting it.

You'll appreciate that KTM just stole my idea....:cool:

Attachments

• Callum GS2.jpg
    Callum GS2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 856
Thats my next bike :DKeep the SE for the dirty stuff and the SMT for every thing else :thumb2

Need to wait for work to pick up a bit as like most works a bit tight at the moment :(

As for fuel range I've had 120 mile out of the SE with a 14 lt tank :nenau for me I don't really get the whole Fuel range bollocks if the bike is good for 150 mile then thats plenty for that type of bike there are plenty of places to fill up 24/7 in the UK and all across Europe :thumb2

I hear what you're saying,his prices are inline with KTM's national price increase (did I read 14% ?) due in part to the weak pound against the Euro.
I'll start negotiations based on the test ride experience,I'll be looking for a good deal and 1st service thrown in-if I like the bike enough to want to change,if not-I'll walk ;)
Don't know where you've got the quoted tank range from,at 19 litres the SMT has a bigger tank than the the SM,having said that I don't doubt you could get as little as 120miles from a 19 litre tank if you were trying hard enough:augie but if that's typical consumption for day to day use at around 30 to the gallon it's scary! I would have thought (hoped :mmmm) 40 to the gallon would be achievable at a brisk but not manic pace,giving a theoretical range nearer 160 miles or am I hoping for too much :eek

SMT tank at 19 litres is same as SM !

SMR is smaller at 15 l

No mention of the EFI being snatchy in Adams review. That was the reason I got rid of my 990SM after only 4 months.It sounds like they have cured it on the 09 ADV with an ECU working a second throttle flap so I'll leave it untill that engine is in the SM/SMT I think:nenau The 950SM is I feel now in retrospect a purer SM/All rounder:thumb2

There was a road test in the Daily Telegraph, Saturday 21st. February. While I appreciate that the Telegraph is not a motorbike comic, it does run a bike page in the motoring section each week and the tester, Kevin Ash, is not a stunt jockey, power ranger type of tester whose priority is how high he can wheely or stoppy or rear-wheel steer into and out of corners at rush hour. He absolutely loved the bike, said it was already the bike of 2009. He raved about the handling, performance, ride quality, comfort for rider and passenger, everything except the tank range, lack of fuel gauge and the non-waterproof soft luggage for the bike. He said he expected at least 130 miles before the low fuel light came on, but it was coming on at 110 miles in a variety of mixed riding conditions. :nenau
Yes, some people will claim 50 miles to a tank full while others will claim 200 miles, but 110 miles to reserve is probably 130 - 140 miles to "oh sh*t, start pushing".

The test ride draws nearer:D
Called into Mounter's today and they had a 990SMT in the shop,it's not yet PDI'd or registered for the road but I'm assured it will be by the weekend so I'm hoping to take it out for a spin-I'll treat it gently so as to break it in slowly :augie

Leisure trail at long eaton had one parked outside the shop Saturday not sure if it was for sale or a demo bike ...Nice looking bike :thumb2

Hideously ugly.

My mate the local KTM dealer took his demo SMT down local cafe on Sunday.
I didn't even bother to try it.
Looks like it melted.

Yuk

Hideously ugly.

My mate the local KTM dealer took his demo SMT down local cafe on Sunday.
I didn't even bother to try it.
Looks like it melted.

Yuk

Don't be so effete. It's a motorcycle, not a pin-up.....:rolleyes:

Ugly motorcycles (pick a GS) are fine if they serve a purpose.

[/QUOTE

MCN have totally flipped about this bike,
" best tourer in the world" :eek
Half of the staff are changing from sports bikes to a SMT!!! :bow

Ugly motorcycles (pick a GS) are fine if they serve a purpose.

[/QUOTE

MCN have totally flipped about this bike,
" best tourer in the world" :eek
Half of the staff are changing from sports bikes to a SMT!!! :bow

MCN like it-that's a worry :rolleyes:
I read MCN today too (well...what's 5 minutes out of a lifetime) and I thought they said it was the best "all rounder" in the world and that some of them "might" consider changing when their sports bike days were behind them :confused:
I want to like this bike but when I read it will appeal to sports bike riders my expectations slipped a little.......but hey a test ride on Saturday should help to decide whether it's a contender-for me anyway.
What it will have is (some) exclusivity,I read that only 150 SMT's are UK bound this year :nenau

Back
Top Bottom