1150 GSA Devils Bridge to Sedburgh Vid

37 views and no reply's.... :eek:

The overtakes were snatched and hurried, sudden and abrupt, too close too soon ... 5 out of 10

Something to prove?

:beerjug:

That's why im taking more training, starting in March.

Video wasnt posted to "prove" anything at all, it was just a vid of a GS on a road I like.

Always happy to learn and always hoping to learn, your comments havent been taken as an insult, rather a pointer.

Thank you very much

:rob

That's why im taking more training, starting in March.

Video wasnt posted to "prove" anything at all, it was just a vid of a GS on a road I like.

Always happy to learn and always hoping to learn, your comments havent been taken as an insult, rather a pointer.

Thank you very much

:rob

Fair play... was going to come back on here and say that there was actually some very nice positioning too :thumb

Just be careful though of posting video's like that... you've identified the road for them, some clearly defined reference points to be seen, and you've given them the time between any given reference points :eek:

Just be careful though of posting video's like that... you've identified the road for them, some clearly defined reference points to be seen, and you've given them the time between any given reference points :eek:

why should that be a problem?

no sign of a speedo showing highly illegal speeds. I think the police have better things to do that be scanning the web for bike videos THEN testing the ride to prove a speeder THEN actually tracking down said speeder.

paranoia - you gorra love it.

Where to start...

The fact that you couldn't keep to the speed limit past my daughter's school pissed me off somewhat. :mad:

Your lines were better than your mate's who looks like he's never had any training. But some of those overtakes were lucky, have a look at snopes.com for what happens when you get it wrong.:eek:

If someone had information that would save your life, you'd want to know right? Well, stop riding like a tw*t, get some more instruction and save the racing for the track.

Hey if we post vids on here, all comments have to be welcomed, so thankyou very much.

With respect, overtakes being lucky, or looking at such may well be partially be the impression given by the fact the camera is nearly three feet below the rider's view.

If the school was in a 30 zone then the bike was doing 30mph or VERY close. If it's outside a 30 zone then good job it was most likely a weekend ride eh

Hallo,

What camera and mounting did you use BTW?

I passed my IAM test recently and my riding & hazard perception have definately improved :D

Still have the odd hooligan day though, though now not every time I ride! :augie

Well I thought it looked like a good, brisk run and a welcome reminder that I haven't done that route for a couple of years. Mind you, I was watching QI at the same time so can't claim to have absorbed every second. Positioning only needs to be as good as it needs to be IYSWIM. I did the IAM training several years ago and have found an irritating tendency with some members (note- some) to move completely to the left before a right hand bend and vice versa even when there was no need to at all. It's easy to be judgemental on overtakes as the video doesn't show all the information available to the rider. I do stick to 30s rigidly but your speed didn't seem that bad.

I didnt stick it on here to cause upset and I do stick to 30 limits, or very close (sometimes may speed up early on the way out to 60 etc but many of us do that (doesnt make it right))
TBH deleted it because it seemed to cause issue. The whole point of posting it was to show a road I like a lot and also a GS BMW doing the run.

The first comment on this thread, I took as an objective statement from an extremely experienced rider(having looked at his profile and taking heed of his comments), however after already stating that it wasnt posted to prove anything, the comment by the next (judgemental) chap, made my mind up.

Im sure he never speeds or makes mistakes, otherwise he wouldnt be in a position to comment, would he.

Camera was a dogcam 480, with sony mini dv digicam, mounted on suction pads.

I for one thought the footage was canny, don't stop posting your rides.

Opinions are like @rse holes, everyones got one.

It is very difficult for anyone to assess your riding on the basis of a video such as that, as stated the camera is much lower than what the rider can see so it is impossible to comment on the safety aspect of any manouvre. Also, depending on the lens, it can either compress or extend the impression of distances involved.

Overall it didn't look to bad a ride to me, on a road I ride very regularly, but wouldn't comment on the technicalities of the ride unless I'd actually observed it live. However, despite knowing the camera can make the speed seem faster than what it actually is, my first thoughts were you were over the speed limit going through Casterton, but as I said the camera can alter the perception of speed.

Bob

Some others to be going on with:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Yqyv7XR1kU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Yqyv7XR1kU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb3dgupqqAs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wb3dgupqqAs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWFHOq0PlDk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWFHOq0PlDk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.mikewaite.co.uk/video/free-video-extracts/

Good videos there Adam :thumb2 The sensation of speed would`ve been much more if the camera was lower I bet :D

Good videos there Adam :thumb2

Yeah, they all have some minor issues that can be picked up on and mulled over (and have been at great length elsewhere) but the basics of what they are showing is worth watching, for seasoned advanced riders and post test novice alike.
And the main reason I like them is unlike some they aren't patronising and/or too rigid (on the whole) in their application of "rules" of advanced riding.

Is it even possible to have a perfect ride? Every one I`ve been on could be better at some points and a lot worse in others :D

Back
Top Bottom