First Lap of the Nurburgring, jul2006

pbboxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bought my first gs bmw the day before our Alps trip in 2006. Fell for the bike throughout tne days in the Austrian Alps and then Harz Mountains.
On the way back we had some time to spare so called in at the Nurburgring to have a look.

The look of disgust on the shop keeper's face when I asked for one lap, was comical.

Its not a fast lap but once the mist clears from the lens, its quite a clear picture. It took 10 mins 39ish Bridge to Gantry and the mega-fast fella Andy Carlisle has done it in under 7.20!

Luckily there are no 30mph zones, so hopefully I wont get any shit for this one haha

http://www.vimeo.com/3459197

I didnt... it has been raining really hard on the way there and the lens had steamed up inside. Took a few mins to clear (as stated on the vid descritpion)

:augie

For a first ever lap that was very good. Much respect:clap

I've done many laps there over the years including on a 3 day intensive course but I still remember my first ever lap that was nearly my last!

By contrast your lap looked very smooth and neat without taking any risks.

I went there many times in 2008 and rode with 2 very quick GSer once. They were grinding away the footrests and stands on each lap.

I know Andy Carlisle (Andypath) and he is awesome around there. He showed me how to ride faster but I will never get anywhere near his times partly because I have a greater sense of self preservation that comes from older age.

Took my son on the pillion of R1 for a 8min 30 lap but according to some people on here that should probably get me six months prison.:D

Brilliant stuff.
We stayed at Sliders last year and Ade, one of Brendan and Andy's pals took us round (him on a 675). There were a couple of guys there (at sliders), one with an R1 with AIM bodywork ( a GSER) and another chap on a Gixxer (i think).
We bloody loved it!

Brilliant stuff.
We stayed at Sliders last year and Ade, one of Brendan and Andy's pals took us round (him on a 675). There were a couple of guys there (at sliders), one with an R1 with AIM bodywork ( a GSER) and another chap on a Gixxer (i think).
We bloody loved it!

That was me on my R1 in August with the AIM bodywork off Steve Plater's Isle of Man bike.:)
Pic belowisfrom previous weeks track day at Zolder. Andypath was riding the ZXR in the background.
DSCN1286.jpg

Previous visit with GS:
DSCN0882.jpg

Gixxer was Dave who is serious Ringer with annual pass and semi permanent residence at Sliders. We went on to do track day at Oschersleben in former East German. I was back a few weeks later with my sons for more Ring fun.

Can't wait to get back there this season.:)

Ah right!

Marcus was on the 1200 Adv
I was on the White se Adv

We're thinking of taking a couple of decent bikes over to crack round there, will have to see how it goes

Ooops! I haven't read any previous posts on this, but I guess you got some stick? Oh well, there's always those who like to have a pop :blagblah

Back
Top Bottom