Long Way in a Day

grayinthestores

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi i have not long changed from a Triumph Tiger to a GS, and loving it!!

My two friends and i are embarking on an epic Journey (well for us it is ) 1000miles in a day from Calais to Budapest where my disabled daughter had treatment last year. This was funded by a charity called Heart Link and my aim is to pay them back so they can help other children. If you have any spare change or can help in any way can you visit
http://www.justgiving.com/longwayinaday

Or let me know of any other ideas Thanks for reading.

Gray

PS which are the best tank bags i like the quick lock type, and am not sure about the ones with velcro any opinions are very welcome

Re - tank bags, look out for the Marsee bags at www.touringbiker.com (or .co.uk) which have a clear polycarbonate "lid". Hence you can change maps quickly or have GPS or phone easily visible.....

Know you are going to do it in a day but there is a GS owner who regularly rides to Budapest (once a month!!!) and I'll check with him and see if he can venture any info for you......

Last year we got back home (Hampshire) from Budapest in a day, that was a very long day, and I wouldn't fancy doing it again, we left the hotel at 0615 after that it's just boring, be careful with the Motorway permits in Hungary and Austria, it's very easy to be 'in the zone' and miss the signs directing to places you can purchase the relevant permits (service areas)

Keep it real steady in France (lots of speed traps) and if you end up going through Brussels, well It always seems to rain on me there, so make sure you're togged up for that:rolleyes:

Good Luck

Shep

Hi Thanks for the advise we have now launched the web site please visit
www.longwayinaday.co.uk

we are also having a ride out on Saturday 27th From Glenfield Hospital BBC should be there see you soon

Graham

We have Changed our Departure Event to
Hein Gericke Store Aylestone Road Leicester
Who have kindly offered to help The send-off starts at 9.00am with us leaving around 10.30am. There will be a raffle with all proceeds going to the charity. We will have Tea, Coffee and Doughnuts and gifts for all who attend. Please come along
Graham

We have Changed our Departure Event to
Hein Gericke Store Aylestone Road Leicester
Who have kindly offered to help The send-off starts at 9.00am with us leaving around 10.30am. There will be a raffle with all proceeds going to the charity. We will have Tea, Coffee and Doughnuts and gifts for all who attend. Please come along
Graham

When are you leaving?

Saw them off this morning...The plan was to take the channel tunnel, camp somewhere near Calais... and the clock was going to start ticking at 2am Sunday :eek:

Lousy time to get out of bed... but good luck to the 3 of them :beerjug:

We completed the 1000ml in 21 hrs with a good one hour stop on in Austria when the heavens opened and you could not see the road.
Thanks to everyone who came out on the saturday and thank you to BMW Calais (4 rue R.Salengro 62000 Arras) I had a large screw in my tyre and they fixed it at 6.30 pm at night! worth putting in your Sat Nav!

Can some one tell me how to post pictures i have looked but seem to be missing out on how to do it.

Gray :thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Congrats guys! I was hoping to make it to HG to see you off but I was working :(

Back
Top Bottom