David Knight - Will he do it ?

Manx Man

So what do you think ? Will Knighter win the WEC on the BMW ?

Answers must include a reason (any reason will do...)

For me it's a yes because he has already demonstrated he is quick on the BMW and he's not even warmed up yet....

I think he stands a good chance:thumb2

Because i think he'd probably be pretty competetive on anything with a set of knobblies:nenau

Shep

I'd put money on him if he was on a C90 with slicks, the guy is just in a different league IMHO.

BM will have paid alot of money knowing that there is a phenominal chance of the lanky fella hitting KTM in the soft dangly bits. Let's face it, they (KTM) have built a business out of winning on off road bikes and then expanding to road bikes. BM already have the road bike business, it could be huge for them :thumb

MrIfan and I had the privilege of meeting the BMW enduro team while they were training in Spain last month......what a cracking bunch of chaps :thumb2

We were in the garage when they all came back in, muddy and grinning......it was odd to stand there and watch people like Kari Tiainen standing outside pressure washing the bikes down and just getting on with it....not at like you might imagine a 7x world champion being, really good to talk to and a pleasure to meet :thumb2

We even got a peek into the 'secret' area where the pukka bikes and some up and coming stuff wqas being prepared :D:augie

Shame I haven't got any fancy TV setup or channels :tears........anyone know if any of the action is going to be on terrestrial TV? :)

Shame I haven't got any fancy TV setup or channels :tears........anyone know if any of the action is going to be on terrestrial TV? :)

You must be joking. :rolleyes:

F1 gets all the budget for Petrol Head watchers on terrestrial TV, unless you want Channel 4 at 3am on a Tuesday. :mad:

Doubt it would ever get on terrestial, but the absolute basic sky package comes with Motors TV, which will have it on. Get a friend to recommend you, and you get sky+ free, which means you can record them on series link.
It, and Eurosport, are the only reason I have a dish.
Mark

In the big class of ENDURO 3, this second day is marked by the DNF of David KNIGHT (GB-BMW). After he twisted his knee in the Enduro Test, the colossus from Isle of Man came back limping to the paddock at mid-day.

DIScussiom in Holland,the bmw are crap because none of the great riders of bmw have enterred the top 3.
They where injurede because the were pusching themselfs to much because of the bmw is not giving the speed and traction to compete with the "normal"bikes.....

i say n=1 so just wait the next coeple of races.

I watched with dismay as the live results were being posted on the web site.

No doubt BMW will 'play' with the bike before next weekend.

I hope it works out for both David Knight and BMW, and only time will tell if they can gel as a team.
I was at the Tough one 2009 and saw DK he seemed as quick as ever and made his way through the pack as normal, then the clutch gave up. I would have been nice to see DK battle his way to the finish then do the trials course at the end (top 6 riders) but that was not to be :blast

DK twisted his knee in the 1st WEC event so hopefully he will be fit enough to challenge the top riders in the next event :cool:

If anyone can make the BMW shine it will be DK :cool::thumb2

None of the BMW riders are doing very well which makes you wonder what BMW have been up to all winter. They are relying on winning to sell the bikes. Can't see the riders hanging around long if they don't improve. Wonder if they have a get out clause ?

on the other hand, its the first real seision, how long did it take ktm to be were they are... I remember a time (before my time) were ktm were unreliable....

I noticed that the E3 bmw are haveing it more difficult then de E2 versions.
perhaps is the 480 cc different and makes the bike unstable ore something.....

I bet that Simo kirsi will get a top 3 place and juha also.

1st race wec IT. E2 juha salimen 3 place!!!!!!!

knighter dnf..................give up?

I see you have fighting spirit, give up just because you didn't win thw first race!!

Knighter does not get the recognition he deserves, he is an awsome rider and a full size bloke not a short stocky or lean bloke and chucks them bikes about like toys. I suspect he is a bit hard on the bikes aswell so any issues with reliability are more likely to show through. B#W are certainly going for it on and offroad fair play to them when some are pulling back on competion. We should all cheer any brit who wins in such a competitiive and hard sport, having raced for 2 years and done the D2D i know how hard it is especially also being a full size bloke and super unfit as opposed to superfit :augie

qoute from wecmaxxis site

In ENDURO 3, the bad series continue for David KNIGHT (GB-BMW). The rider from Isle of Man K.O. in the Enduro Test prefers to give up

Does this means he fell and was Knock Out? like uncunsious?

Among the many DNF of the day, let us quote those of David KNIGHT (GB-BMW), victim of clutch problems, and the beginner Taddy BLAZUSIAK (POL-KTM) whose clutch cover was damaged. The notion of enduro prevailed over this third meeting of the season, the stars of MAXXIS FIM WEC had at the same time to spare their machines and to resist physically on the track, in particular in the interminable Enduro Test, a special test of 7.5 kms traced on a mountain lane.

Back
Top Bottom