Headset?? (I'm not attaching anything to my helmet)

james0133

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Cardo head set with the Rider 2 is any good?
It looks like you have to attach it to your helmet and that sounds like a lame idea to me, the haste of attaching it plus the wind noise from it. I just want to be able to use my normal head phones. Is that possible?
Cheers:)

I don't bother with mine, I tried it once and it just got on my tits whilst fastening and unfastening my helmet,and having some silly tart telling me which way to go was a pain, also, why would I want to speak to anyone on the phone when I'm out having a ride ? :beerjug:

I have a Rider 2 with Cardo and find it fits to a System 5 with no problems. Sound quality is good and the battery life is fantastic, I used it for 2 month after charging before christmas (2k miles) put it away for the winter, got it out last month (fair weather biker) and have done another 1k and still not put it on charge. Worth having if only for the "safety" camera warnings.

The Rider 2 is a nice bit of kit as well.:guitarist

Does the iTech ClipIII have a long head phone lead? So you can put it in your pocket and put the head phone in your ear, with out having to attach it to your helmet?

Has anyone found a better bracket for attaching the Rider to the 1150GSA? I am not impressed with the ram mount and the only way it can be set up seems, blocks the clocks a bit more than I would like.

Chris does the Scala not make a heal of a lot of noise attached to the out side of your helmet?

Hi James,

No, not that you would notice. I wear ear plugs but can still hear messages at motorway cruising speed, and use the phone (making a call is barred on the move but you can answer a call). It fits very low down where the helmet slopes inward and just after the flip up part. (you need to remember to tuck the mike in when you close the front) I think the screen directs most of the airflow higher as it just hits the top of the helmet, (need a higher screen). The main part is detachable, leaving the holder in place, so it is easy to remove if you want to.

I use an iTech ClipIII headset - http://www.itechdynamic.com/en/products_spec.asp?cid=1&pid=01060

I've a Schuberth S1 helmet and the 'body' of the thing fits neatly under my chin (you'd have to see an S1 to see what I mean) without tape/glue etc

It's great! And only a fiver on e-bay :D

Cheers for the all the info everyone and Slowdown I bought a iTech today its the media player one. It is excellent! That was a great tip thanks:)
I spent some time mounting the Rider last night and found a really good way to set it up with the standered Ram mount. I might post it up to help people out when they go to do it. Though I'm not a Tosser so I might have to get someone else to post a photo.

Back
Top Bottom