mp3 in the zumo

Skid06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi
will the zumo 550 take a memory card bigger than 2 gig and is it possible to export music to the card from itunes?.. or which is the best way to compress music to mp3 from a cd?
thanks
steve

2 Gig max ....

CD to MP3 ......

I found it easyer to put the card in a reader or tower and drag and drop .......

I think i heard someone say the unit wont recognise more than a 1000 songs so large cards are pointless , just go on 7 day shop and get a few exra 2 gig cards :comfort

PS .... On the other hand i might be wrong :mmmm

2 Gig max ....

CD to MP3 ......

I found it easyer to put the card in a reader or tower and drag and drop .......

I think i heard someone say the unit wont recognise more than a 1000 songs so large cards are pointless , just go on 7 day shop and get a few exra 2 gig cards :comfort

PS .... On the other hand i might be wrong :mmmm

have a 4gig card in mine, 1000 songs is the limit though:augie

hi
will the zumo 550 take a memory card bigger than 2 gig and is it possible to export music to the card from itunes?.. or which is the best way to compress music to mp3 from a cd?
thanks
steve

you could 'RIP' to mp3 using 'audiograbber' ( google it!) normalise and choose your bitrate at the same time......

have a 4gig card in mine, 1000 songs is the limit though:augie

I've got a 4Gb card too. Only 647 songs on it so far and could I fifnd anything worth listening to whilst out riding yesterday?

No - I've got crap taste in muzak :augie

1000 songs it is but......

It will take SDHC cards so 4GB is no problem. 1000 songs is the limit but there is a way to beat it. You have to stitch multiple tracks together and call it one name.

That way if you stick two together you can get 2000 tracks on, three give 3000 e.t.c. Obviously you loose track names and stuff but if you're on a long trip it helps.

Roger.

Back
Top Bottom