Is the Zumo 660 worth waitng for?

Old Gregg

I want to buy a sat nav for the bike. I have decided I'd like to go the Garmin route and was going to get the 550. I have seen a few websites taking pre-orders for the 660 for under £400 and I have confirmed with them that if the RRP increases in April, (as was reported on this site), I will still only be charged the price I pay now.

I am impatient when I decide to buy something but I don't want to spend £420 on a 550 if I can get the new 660 for under £400 if I wait until the expected release date of mid-April; only 2 or 3 weeks away now.
Obviously no-one has the 660 yet but do you think it's worth waiting for the 660 or would the 550 be a better buy?

I'd wait if I were you, when you compare them both the 660 seems the better thing.... prices will soon drop come the summer.

I would do but I'm planning to go to the motoGP in Le Mans in mid May and I need a good sat nav.

I have "pre-purchased" (or whatever the phrase is) from satnaveasy at £354 and they have said that they believe they can honour that price. I bought it because it's the latest Garmin device for bikes and I'm taking a slight gamble that they probably have made it better than the 550 overall. The 550 appears to have had a pretty shakey reliability record too.

But you know what it's like. If you buy the 660, it'll turn out to be crap compared to the 550. If you buy the 550, the 660 will be amazingly better and more reliable. That's the way the universe seems to operate :D

Back
Top Bottom