Triumph Thunderbird Sport?

Jazbee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got one? Any feedback on them etc? Have been looking at them for a while as a second bike, late model 2003 or so. They seem to command decent money. Any feedback welcome:thumb2

Hi Jazbee
I have a T-bird (non sport) but its a similar bike but with a more laid back ride position, one major improvement is twin rather than single front disc the brakes on mine need a bit of forward planning.
I have had no problems and the engine is a beauty with loads of torque and a noise like nothing else, it sounds a bit subaru impreza.

Saw your ad M-D, tis a nice one you've got and a decent price, but I prefer the Sport riding position, megaphones and 82bhp etc. Same name, shared parts and engine, but a diffferent bike in many ways I think?
Good luck with the sale, should get some interest on here I think but also try ebay as they are selling well and at high prices just now. I've been tracking TBirds for a while:thumb2

The TBS is one of the few Triumphs I've yet to own but I will no doubt have one eventually :thumb

I'm currently running a MK1 Speed Triple and a later 1050. TBS's hold their value like MK1's and in some cases are going up in value. For more information on them try looking at www.t595.net quite a few lads on the forum have them and they all love em :D

Anyone got one? Any feedback on them etc? Have been looking at them for a while as a second bike, late model 2003 or so. They seem to command decent money. Any feedback welcome:thumb2

My 1st post after joining this forum, and I'm talking Triumphs :)

It is my 1998 Thunderbird Sport for sale. I am only selling it as I have just purchased and collect next weekend a mint 2005 1200GS, non-ABS, and there is insufficient room in my garage to house the BMW, T/Bird Sport, never to be sold Triumph Thruxton and Track only Honda Firestorm.

The earlier T/Bird Sport like mine has stacked exhausts on the right hand side and alloy wire wheels. The later version has exhausts on both sides and chrome wheels. Other than that, the original & later bikes are basically the same.

Here is my T/Bird Sport

DSC03422-1.jpg

DSC03425-1.jpg

Stock ugly rear light replaced with this neat Lucas Retro
DSC04152.jpg

And my much modified 2006 Thruxton (it's not for sale so don't ask LOL)

2008_06060036.jpg

My 1st post after joining this forum, and I'm talking Triumphs :)

It is my 1998 Thunderbird Sport for sale. I am only selling it as I have just purchased and collect next weekend a mint 2005 1200GS, non-ABS, and there is insufficient room in my garage to house the BMW, T/Bird Sport, never to be sold Triumph Thruxton and Track only Honda Firestorm.

The earlier T/Bird Sport like mine has stacked exhausts on the right hand side and alloy wire wheels. The later version has exhausts on both sides and chrome wheels. Other than that, the original & later bikes are basically the same.

Hi Rob, and welcome over here. Have been on the web site (Triumph) and saw both your bikes - lovely:thumb2 Will have a closer look at the TBS when I get home!!
Enjoy the 12GS - You'll love it, yes its that good:beerjug:

Had one a couple of years ago. Great handling, comfort and brakes. Got shot of it 'cos it was rusting away in front of my eyes. This may have been a one off tho' as I haven't heard of anyone else with the same problem.

TBS

Robnobrakes

Nice bike, how much are you asking for it? john
(westbarnmoulton@msn.com)

Robnobrakes

Nice bike, how much are you asking for it? john
(westbarnmoulton@msn.com)

Sorry John, it was sold yesterday within 12 hours of listing it on the T595 forum. The new owner collects it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom