New Rallye 2 rival from Dainese

Davy F

Reaction score
I was in MotoStyle in Belfast talking to Billy and he showed me the latest offering from Dainese which is a Rally 2 type jacket, the D-System D-Dry (maybe they could have come up with a better name ?). I have to say that it does look the part and is built with the usual typically well thought out features associated with Dainese. Fit is on the neat side, so you would have to try on before buying as it took a 56 size jacket whereas my Rallye 2 is a 52. Price is good too @ approx £319. Colours are black/red, black/grey and black/black.

I'm very tempted to say the least. :likeit

Attachments

• 8b4f8b56a88c4242b0e66e759885e903_rough.jpg
    8b4f8b56a88c4242b0e66e759885e903_rough.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,378
  • ccedeb77a3676f56cfd072aea5631362_rough.jpg
    ccedeb77a3676f56cfd072aea5631362_rough.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,373
Nice looking jacket:thumb2

I personally like Dainese kit.. think I'd go for a more subdued colour scheme though ....

The one on that model is at least a size too small.

Arms look too short and the jacket itself is short too.

Dainese tend to tailor for the slim market not the typical GSER:augie

Don't like the look of it either, sorry.

Jacket

It don't look like Ewan and Charlie so thats out.

How high do you want a collar to come up.......:nenau
It's no lower than my Rallye 2 or any of my other jackets I've ever owned. :eek

Up to the chin, mainly to keep water and wind off the back of my neck and stop any water ingress at the front in heavy rain.

Actually, the same as the zip-on attachments for jackets from HG and other textile BMW jackets that I own.

dainese

they have been v.slow in coming out with this type of thing and still no sign if a tri laminate goretex . I've always been a fan of thier leathers for both feel and fit so i would like to see them going more onto this market properly

This is just a variation of the 'Gator' Jacket £359 approx, Dainese have been doing good goretex for years. (Unless you want the Ewan/Charley look)
By far the best kit on the market and they do gert big sizes too!!
The D-dry is for mid season wear and not winter or heavy rain.

This is just a variation of the 'Gator' Jacket.

The new jacket is in no way a variation of the Gator jacket. Two completely different types of jackets in many respects. Having owned a Gator, had I the choice between these two jackets, I'd have bought the new Rallye style Dainese which would have saved me flogging the Gator and buying a Rallye 2 jacket.

Has anyone purchased one of these jackets yet? I was looking at them today and was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about them.

Looks a bit crap, far too short and tight fitting as shready has said.... the model looks a bit of a knob wearing it so what chance does a normal person... it looks to have styling nods to an Adventure type jacket but fails on the Look

Looks a bit crap, far too short and tight fitting as shready has said.... the model looks a bit of a knob wearing it so what chance does a normal person...

And here lies the problem for people with limited vision. You have to go try it on instead of judging what it looks like on a 'model' in a photo. :augie

I mean, if Dainese printed a picture with the average tosser wearing any of their range, do you think any sane person would buy anything from Dainese ? :eek:onyack

Lots of bitching about this jacket

BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY GOT ONE!!!!!

Attachments

• P1000975.jpg
    P1000975.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 165

Back
Top Bottom