Round Britan Rally 04

KAS

Hi All,
Anybody out there doing the Round Britain Rally this year?

If so, any chance of us all getting together via this site and passing on info on accommodation in your area, helpful hints and tips to locations etc.

You never know we could all meet up at one of the stops for a jar or two.

Any takers!!!

Yep! and me:D missed last year. It take syou to some great spots you'd never vistit otherwise.:beerjug:

We would like to go for the 100% but of course being in sunny Devon, we have 2 places below, 2 places local, and every thing else vertically above us. Therefore planning to get them all takes a bit. So it will probably be a good excuse for some long weekends and maybe a dedicated week.

The other problem of course is time, as we spend a good bit riding in Europe (so many journeys so little time :)) and my boss (non biker) doesn’t understand :p.

Still as Dennis said it dose get you to some great places that you would probably bypass mainly because you cant think of a reason to go there.

For instance up Guido’s way (well, way ish) The B4405 from Minffordd toward Abergynolwyn early on a sunny morning :bounce1, looking for a castle or something, brilliant bit of road, great hotel for lunch at the end of the lake, that was deffinatly one to remember. Beddgelert was another, postcard pretty, great lunch.

Happy days, looking forward to this year.

The title of this thread got my hopes up, I’m looking to ride the coastline of the UK one day (as close as you can by road) and thought I might have found a source for info. But it seems this is a different animal altogether.

I’ve searched the web and all I can find is some blurb about a Honda electric car doing it at 110 mpg!

whatton63 said:
The title of this thread got my hopes up, I’m looking to ride the coastline of the UK one day (as close as you can by road) and thought I might have found a source for info. But it seems this is a different animal altogether.

Let me know if you find more details on it. It's something I'd like to do. I've done a few nation rallies, some 100% RBRs and also the four corners, but a little trip around the coast would be fun.

:)

-- Guido

whatton63 said:
looking to ride the coastline of the UK one day (as close as you can by road)

Me too.
Often thought about this and thought it wopuld be a brilliant trip. I’m sure I have read something about it in a mag. Will have to trawl through the back copies and see if I can find it. If I do I will post details on the site.

Failing that there must be enough of us on this site to figure out a route on our own, maybe we can plan it so a few of us ride it together for a charity or something, any thoughts?

After all what can it be a couple of months with auto route (optimistically).

KAS said:
Me too.
After all what can it be a couple of months with auto route (optimistically).

Hmmm........ been there!

Attachments

• screenshot013.jpg
    screenshot013.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 223
Whatton

Not really the same but try and find the moulton magazine (spelling) its a sort of fancy folding push bike.. anyway I met a Bloke when I was cycling to John O'Groats who was doing a full British coastline tour on one of those and his report got published in the magazine.

Iain.

Not difficult to do

As most of britain has coastal routes posted on the brown signs just follow them, if you start off with the sea on your right hand side just keep turning right, if you get wet you have gone too far, then hang a left.

Worked for me not scentific I know, did use a map sometimes.

Pete A:beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beerjug: :beer: :beer:

planning on doing it next year... but not in a big group... and not against the clock....missed some fantastic scenery on way up and down on the jog run, which i would like to appreciate next time

interestingly enough (well some may think so) mr matron is planning on visiting all 94 league football grounds on a bike tour next year...
yes.... iwas thinking that too.........

Back
Top Bottom