Details of venue

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As noted on other threads, venue is now at my place.:)

We have a large 60 x 40 workshop that has been under construction since last September (the lengths I go to to please you fellow airheaders). It will be fully equiped with all workshop facilities including hydraulic bike lift, airtools, welding gear etc and every tool you can think of. :) Builder assures me it will be completed in next couple of weeks. We have put down 170 tons of stone to form base and now just awaiting concreting to finish.

DSCN1789.jpg

There will be secure covered bike parking for up to 50 bikes. Anyone attending with car/trailer/wobblybox can park in the sandschool and we can hook up electrical supply. I hope to have an extra toilet and shower built in corner of workshop but anyone can use house/ holiday cottage as required.

Back lawn was seeded this morning and is area of 500sq metre. In addition, we have extra garden area which could take another 10+ tents.

If you don't mid sleeping on a slope (like the campsite at Llandgollen!) there are also fields available.

We have 12 acres of woodland in which I have created an enduro course. If it rains before the event, it will be hard work on a GS but if it stays dry it should be manageable. Certain sections are very boggy as confirmed by elderly smurf who managed to get Yamaha 660 Grisly stuck!

We are approx 12 miles south of Bideford in middle of nowhere so no worries about neighbours.

I will speak to local pub about ferrying us back and fore and laying on food etc for the Sat night. Local is very biker friendly and local bike club now meet there weekly.

The local may be able to offer B&B to anyone adverse to camping. I will get prices and details in next week.

For anyone coming from far away, you are very welcome to arrive anythime as early as you like and stay until whenever. I may be away to TT from the Monday following...

I hope that covers most queries but just ask and I'll answer any queries.

Looks and sounds fantastic Sid :thumb2

Have you thought about getting a few poly barrells of a good ale in?
Cotleigh do some 4.5 Gallons that don't need to sit for a few days and I think they deliver up there.
I can enquire about price and if it works out about a pound a pint it maybe worth getting two in.

Cheers Trippy

My main worry is that as it is at my place, you won't show up.:)

I'll leave the beer/cider to my very experienced "Alcoholic Solutions Provider" a.k.a Proff who has promised to sort out the logistics relating to alcoholic consumption. :D

Cheers Trippy

My main worry is that as it is at my place, you won't show up.:)

I'll leave the beer/cider to my very experienced "Alcoholic Solutions Provider" a.k.a Proff who has promised to sort out the logistics relating to alcoholic consumption. :D

I'll be there mate and I reckon if we can sort the beer & cider out, people might like spending one of the evenings just sitting out amongst the bikes and tents rather than the pub.

I'm happy to host a big BBQ on the Sat night or even possibly a Hograost possibly if that is what people want.

I will go with what people want, within reason!:D

Looks and sounds fantastic Sid :thumb2

Have you thought about getting a few poly barrells of a good ale in?
Cotleigh do some 4.5 Gallons that don't need to sit for a few days and I think they deliver up there.
I can enquire about price and if it works out about a pound a pint it maybe worth getting two in.

I'll take two as well. :thumb

It's looking fantastic Sid. Sure to be a cracking do. :beerjug:

Feck! I'm tempted to buy an airhead just so I can come to this event!

:eek:

Looks like you'll have a great time.

:beerjug:

I'm happy to host a big BBQ on the Sat night or even possibly a Hograost possibly if that is what people want.

I will go with what people want, within reason!:D

Sounds good :thumb2

:eek:

:beerjug:

Better try and find you a bargain somewhere, how much have you got to spend?

Best speak with Thunder, chief collector of airheads at the moment, so I've heard ;)

I'm trying to work out go away on the wekend before going away on holiday is a good idea :augie the holiday is to the Dolomites on the bike though :)

Ex German Plod on Mobile de for 1900 Euros ono.

I like :)

Attachments

• f986_24.jpg
    f986_24.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 325
Cotleigh do some 4.5 Gallons that don't need to sit.

Cheers Trippy

I'll leave the beer/cider to my very experienced "Alcoholic Solutions Provider" a.k.a Proff

I just called your Alcoholic Solutions Provider to suggest I got 2 x 4.5's and suggest everyone brings their own pint glass and he called Cotleigh Ales poly barrel crap :mad:

So f*ck him, you'll have to drink something he's brewed in his barn in a manky old barrel now :mad:

I just called your Alcoholic Solutions Provider to suggest I got 2 x 4.5's and suggest everyone brings their own pint glass and he called Cotleigh Ales poly barrel crap :mad:

So f*ck him, you'll have to drink something he's brewed in his barn in a manky old barrel now :mad:

O Bollox :blast
Now Trippys off on one :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I suggested that as the "BEER ENGINE" at Newton st Cyres is near me and they do real ales in 9 gallon Ally barrels [of which I have already have an empty :augie }
http://www.thebeerengine.co.uk/
Do a Google on their ales >>
Rail..
Piston...
Sleeper....
price around £70 for 9 gallons [72 pints] :D + VAT :(

Cottleigh is ok and he can bring as much as he likes, I don't drink beer often, so it makes no difference to me. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom