Mill 12000 mile service

alandelph

Was out and about a run on the 27th Feb 2004, just to put some miles on it as it was booked in for its 12000 mile service on Monday the 8th march... abs light came on flashing away... 25 miles from Mill bmw. Just take it there and see what’s up. Fault found to be abs pump told to leave my bike, as it was not safe to ride it and got a lone bike. Mick the tech. and Paul Sharman got things arranged with out any fuss and got me on my way on the lone bike ( k1200gt) so got it to play with... took it back today 9th march 2004 warranty work done and a 12000 mile service total price £162:62p ... the abs pump would not have been cheep and a lone bike for 12 days ..... What can a say but, in my oppinion, have been nothing less than professional. A warm welcome always with a warm drink as u enter the showroom. And guess who sat on the new 1200 GS with the engine running. Well a can say this it is so much lighter and sounds and revs very nicely. Thank you all at Mill, u made my day <<<<<< chuffed as ... lol:D :cool: ;) :D

if the ABS light doesn't go out, I stop, switch off, then switch back on again and restart - always seems to reset itself !

yes did try to rest the abs. but the the warning light and the stayed on and the abs light flashed away. as i was driving along the road the bike felt as if the brakes were comming on as a was on the move without touching the brakes. its would clear its self for a wee while and do it again... but a did try and reset and switch off abs and it did the same ... to test a applied the rear brake and at all times it locked up... but its quite scarey when the brakes suddenly come on them self, so a should not have riden the bike, but thats hine sight now

12,000 mile service

Mill BMW Boldon charged me £360.00 last September for a 12,000 mile service, had been quoted £270.00, too shocked to query it. Still smarting as only recently bought the bike privately and this was my first BMW (Mill) experience. Do you think that I'm too late to query it?

query everything, cause if you dont, u`ll never know, and if you never know, u`ll always wonder, and thats the bit that dont taste so good ................

welcome

mista ksmith , welcome to the world of rediculous service pricing. enjoy! if your bike is out of warranty, do yourself a massive favour and locate a far cheaper and probably more knowledgable independant.for a laugh, next time you speak to your dealer, ask for a quote on a new clutch. although make sure you're sitting down first?

Cheers Bob,

You took the words right of my mouth.

Does the acronym RTFM ring any bells?

When theses bikes go back to the dealer, they check the mileage AND the age. If the dealer notices that the bike is 12 months old (or multiple there of), then I would expect to get charged for an ANNUAL service as well as the mileage (on the assumption that the dealer is diligent, and does the work).

Hell, I feel like a part timer ‘cos I’ll be taking my 53 plate in to Mill for it’s 6K service next week.

On the subject of low mileage bikes, last time I was in Mill, I saw an ‘03 Adv with 290 (two hundred and ninety) miles on the clock. I wish I was I was tall enough, :( If I was, I’d stick it in the shed.

On the other hand … apparently someone on the board :bow has put a couple of thousand miles on a demo 1200 from Mill in the last week, it might make a good buy (at the right price), once they take that tossers sponsorship ;) off the side panels, obviously :thumb

Recently had my 1100GS 12K service at Mill.

They quoted £290 but when I picked the bike up the total charge was £212 AND they had done the annual service along with the 12K service (not sure what the difference is ???)

No idea how the pricing works but I was pleased anyway.

Zebedee said:
Cheers Bob,

On the subject of low mileage bikes, last time I was in Mill, I saw an ‘03 Adv with 290 (two hundred and ninety) miles on the clock. I wish I was I was tall enough, :( If I was, I’d stick it in the shed.

On the other hand … apparently someone on the board :bow has put a couple of thousand miles on a demo 1200 from Mill in the last week, it might make a good buy (at the right price), once they take that tossers sponsorship ;) off the side panels, obviously :thumb

1200 returned yesterday with sticker removed;) (Shame I thought it looked good-you got anymore Bakerman?:D )
Enjoyed trip on 1200, no problems with buffeting & seat very comfortable, mostly M/way so can't really comment on handling. On the 480 mile trip home from Land's End hubby's GSA was returning 40 mpg & 1200 52 mpg, he wasnt impressed :p
Back to servicing- 12,000 mile for my R1150R at Mill was £175.

Back
Top Bottom