any good?

tailscookie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
i have been offerd 2 sat navs 1/street pilot 111,all bits,but no cradle,£60 also a gemeni quest inc cradle etc £150,are they any good,:confused:and the right price.thanks.

i have been offerd 2 sat navs 1/street pilot 111,all bits,but no cradle,£60 also a gemeni quest inc cradle etc £150,are they any good,:confused:and the right price.thanks.

Quest is a generation later than the SPIII, quicker to recalculate, smaller but with fixed memory. Having said that the SPIII memory is propriety, expensive and hard to source these days and ISTR only available up to 256MB (the Quest has 243MB of fixed memory for mapping data).

If the Quest cradle is powered (either RAM with QPAC or a pukka Garmin cradle) and everything is in good condition, the unlock codes are available, all accessories there and owner willing to confirm the sale with Garmin to enable registration to be transferred to you (important for mapping upgrades). If all this is the case then I would offer £120 as an absolute maximum, maybe aim lower still. Point out that Quests are available new for less than £100 (my new cheap were doing them for £95 but now appear to be out of stock), bear in mind that the cradle will set you back another £50 or there abouts though. If there's RAM mounting hardware included with the mount then all the better.

I think with the SPIII you're going to have problems sourcing a cradle, IMHO £60 is too much.

I got an SP2720 for £154 on eBay over a year ago, came with extras like a traffic receiver, pukka Garmin magnetic external antenna and a Brodit mount for the car. Had to get a cradle £35 though.

Worth biding your time until the right deal comes along.

Hi bought my new quest from mynewcheap a couple of weeks ago £95 and bought ram mounts cradle etc £39 all new less than £140 need an ique pac to wire in but quests last 20 hours on a charge anyway.
see if they are expecting anymore in recomended for the money.
Dazzle

The My New Cheap Quests were white box units I believe. This means they were factory refurbs, sounds bad but in fact they will be as good as a new unit with all the accessories new plus latest mapping etc. In fact the quality control on the refurbs is probably better than new off production line (if Quests were still in production). The white box units were mainly for the purpose of warranty exchange. Quests are probably no longer supported on the warranty exchange program so this is, most likely, this stock being cleared. Not sure if there are any left and if My New Cheap will see any more, ever :nenau

I bought one from MNC a couple of weeks ago, it was a new unit not refurbished and all works well.

Only weak point on a quest is the antenna.
Apart from that i really like mine :)
Remember Garmin isnt going to make updated maps for nonNT machines (like the quest) :nenau

Prul

Back
Top Bottom