Im thinking of buying the 690R - Any feedback from owners

Jay B

Reaction score
I am looking to replace the BMW G650x with a KTM 690R.I plan to do mostly trail riding with a few road miles mainly to get to off road tracks.
any feedback from owners would be very welcome.
Can it really handle rutted muddy trails? and the normal abuse an enduro bike gets?
I am looking for a comfortable all day trail bike that can be chucked about a bit and not feel tooo heavy.
Jay B

I saw one being well ridden ruts steps the lot on sunday.

Until it got thrown down a slippery chalk hill :(

I am looking to replace the BMW G650x with a KTM 690R.I plan to do mostly trail riding with a few road miles mainly to get to off road tracks.
any feedback from owners would be very welcome.
Can it really handle rutted muddy trails? and the normal abuse an enduro bike gets?
I am looking for a comfortable all day trail bike that can be chucked about a bit and not feel tooo heavy.
Jay B

Very similar to the bike you want to sell, albeit with slightly better suspenders

Thanks for the feedback.Will look at the other sites.
Cheers
Jay B

KTM 690 Enduro for sale

I've got a friend with a 690 Enduro for sale if anyone is interested. Its on an 08 plate and in great condition apart from a couple of small green-laning scars. PM me if you're interested and I'll pass on his details.

Cheers,
Jenkins

I saw one being well ridden ruts steps the lot on sunday.

Until it got thrown down a slippery chalk hill
As the owner of said 690E I can say with some authority that they do handle stuff ok.
I did the Hafren and Cambrian on it last year and scored 'reasonably' well in class and beat a lot of 'proper' pogo's
Tyre choice is paramount.... I dont often make claim or counter claim on tyres....they are usually 'personal choice'.... I have run most things and I actually liked the cheapo Trellborg 'army specials' on my 450 but I can say, hand on heart, Dunlop 908RR will spit you off at every opportunity when used on this bike! Once you are 'sideways' you may as well jump off and kick your shiny bits off into oblivion....seriously!
Coming back to the bike, it will go most palces a proper enduro will go and the only 2 single downsides from a riding perspective is the lack of ground clearance and the restricted turning lock.
Engine is fantastic, slipper clutch works really well (with proper tyres) and the maintenance intervals are more realistic!
The variable settings on the 'tuning' are very real, #1 or 'soft' really helps in sloppy mud and the #2 'sport' sends it to 'a ton' on a fire road.... a mate rode his around some of the better stuff on Salisbury Plain this weekend two up and got round albeit slowly.
Final 'down side' if you are a serious off roader..... there are lots of bits to break off that you dont really need, tail piece, indicators, rear footrests, obviously mirrors, light unit and clocks etc ..... I have all new bits for mine but the old stuff will remain zip tied in place until 'trade in time'
Great bike for serious green laning or easy rallies but its not a real Enduro bike...... but being a 50+ year old fat b@stard Im not a serious Enduro rider.....:augie

Harv,
Thanks for the detailed reply - exactly what I needed.I think it may not be what I had in mind,I am really after something that is closer to a big enduro pogo so it may be the EXC530 is better.

Thanks again

Jay B

Back
Top Bottom