Puncture Repair

chubs

Just wondered if anybody knows of a competent person to repair punctured rear tyre in the east midlands area? Seem to have gained an unwanted object last weekend on 1200 gsa, it is in the centre of tyre and centre of block pattern, I would have thought it could be plugged, as tyre has only done 1800 miles! but dealers don't want to know.What is the general concensus of tyre being repaired rather than replaced?

I would try TIM on Little tennis street Colwick.. THE tyre supplier of the local parish. he would be my first choice for anything - including repairs.

I cant say categorically that he WILL do a repair.. but worth a call. Post if the answer is yes.

http://www.mtsnottingham.co.uk/

If not then He will tell you who to use.

Assuming he will do repairs then you can trust the repair to last the life of the trye. Its only side wall and close to the side wall damage and hole greater than 6mm (I believe) that cannot/must not be repaired.

Even good for a Kwacker !!

Just rang Tim,never used him before.Me Kwak ZZR1400's going in for an Adventure ! Gotta have new Tyres fitted first tho,Tim's given me the best quote yet,I'm goin to him !! Good on yer lads !:rob

nearly sorted

thanks for the replies, took wheel down to tim's today, no problem repairing will pick up tomorrow, job done!
did ask for price of new tyre for future reference said he'd got to sort price out for previous enquiry today, perhaps amateurboxerman?

thanks for the replies, took wheel down to tim's today, no problem repairing will pick up tomorrow, job done!
did ask for price of new tyre for future reference said he'd got to sort price out for previous enquiry today, perhaps amateurboxerman?

He normally has a fairly good cross section of stock - when I was last there I just had a wander round and looked at what he had. I had a few tyres on my list. he had the top choice and that was that. He also had the usual "Tosser" tyres. I Paid a little more for the ride in ride out. But thats because the bikes my sole transport so taking loose wheels isn't really an option.

even if he doesn't have the exact tyres you want - he can get them in usually next day. BUT I guess if you need that its best to pop round before midday.

good to know for sure he does repairs. :thumb2

repaired

wheel back on bike now, was ready for me to collect from MTS(tim)earlier today as promised, excellent job:bounce1excellent service:bounce1price quoted for new bridgestone was nearly 30% cheaper than local bmw:JBI know where i'll be going when it's needed!!

Back
Top Bottom