950 SE luggage

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm toying with getting a set of racks for my SE from Backroadsmoto in the US and A.

They look sumfink like this :

SE%20Racks.jpg
and they recommend pannier bags such as the Wolfmann Exped :

wolfman%20expedition.jpg

But I would prefer the Ortlieb Pannier Bags from Gearpac :

ortlieb_motorcycle_panniers.jpg

Has anybody got the Ortlieb bags and if so do you reckon they will fit in the same way as the Wolfmann jobbies ?

Ta

I'm working on getting some made by Holan - they will have the square support that will take regular panniers but will also better fit soft bags

I use kriega 20l units strapped to mine on the HP

I'm working on getting some made by Holan - they will have the square support that will take regular panniers but will also better fit soft bags

I use kriega 20l units strapped to mine on the HP

Holan ?

Got any more info ?

The Backroadsmoto jobbies are $150 just for the racks so wouldn't mind another option such as you mention.

Holan ?

Got any more info ?

The Backroadsmoto jobbies are $150 just for the racks so wouldn't mind another option such as you mention.

Holan are a Polish company that I am the UK distributor for (saving the shipping from Poland). Here is what they have done for the HP2:

7e10638afc2546c53a2a7d51d4a61dc1.jpg

You can see more here http://holan.pl/en/product/1/9/416/...for_Zega-Touratech_cases_designed_for_HP2_Adv

They are in the process of getting one of their SE customers bikes in to fit the first set of racks, hopefully should be in the next 2/3 weeks and shipping shortly after.

I expect they'll be in the region of £150

Any questions, you're welcome to give me a call on 07747 621353

Id go the Giantloop (GreatBasin) ...

Ive got the thinner Ortlieb bags but was frankly disappointed with them. They are still unused. The roll-top is very short - so there is no extendability to them at all. Also, there is no way the velcro straps will meet on the fatter bike.

The Andy Strapz bags look to be very good.

Arent there standard racks for the SMR that fit?

Id go the Giantloop (GreatBasin) ...

Ive got the thinner Ortlieb bags but was frankly disappointed with them. They are still unused. The roll-top is very short - so there is no extendability to them at all. Also, there is no way the velcro straps will meet on the fatter bike.

The Andy Strapz bags look to be very good.

Arent there standard racks for the SMR that fit?

Ok.

Ta.

I'll bin the Ortliebs then and will look at the above.

Or I may just get the Wolfmann Exped that Berg Briggs,who made my racks recommends.

I originally got the KTM rails but they would not fit with the Black Dog rear rack in place,whereas I'm assured that these will.

Don't like the Giantloop as too big,so may well get the Wolfmann Exped,as they definitely fit the rails.

I'll see when I get mine - but Im guessing the way it can be cinched up, it can be made to be very small. You can always get the smaller giantloop bag to fit the SE. Minor mods to make.

The thing I like about it is that its 1-piece. Having just done a trip with soft luggage, its a PITA carrying more than 1 thing off the bike when you decide to stay in a hotel/hostel cause its pissing down rain.

I'll see when I get mine - but Im guessing the way it can be cinched up, it can be made to be very small. You can always get the smaller giantloop bag to fit the SE. Minor mods to make.

The thing I like about it is that its 1-piece. Having just done a trip with soft luggage, its a PITA carrying more than 1 thing off the bike when you decide to stay in a hotel/hostel cause its pissing down rain.

Good point !!

So where did you order from ? USA ?

Ta

Arsey be carefull with the Wolfmans one off and there fcuked ....the Andystrapz are made of truck canvass and are the toughest soft luggage on the market :thumb2

They should work fine with the rack you bought :thumb2They also have a uk dealer :thumb2
http://www.andystrapz.com/productdetails.php?pid=34&BACK=51

They also do a frame for the SE but its pretty much the same as you have from the States :thumb2

Last photo is my bike with the Andystrapz on a home made frame :thumb2

Attachments

• thumb_48d9050572c08panniersvrod_270x190.gif
    thumb_48d9050572c08panniersvrod_270x190.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 950-super-enduroframe.jpg
    950-super-enduroframe.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 344
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 340
Arsey be carefull with the Wolfmans one off and there fcuked ....the Andystrapz are made of truck canvass and are the toughest soft luggage on the market :thumb2

They should work fine with the rack you bought :thumb2They also have a uk dealer :thumb2
http://www.andystrapz.com/productdetails.php?pid=34&BACK=51

They also do a frame for the SE but its pretty much the same as you have from the States :thumb2

Last photo is my bike with the Andystrapz on a home made frame :thumb2

Great.Ta

I'm down in Oz next month so might get some then.

Did you get the extension straps and Linerz as well ?

Great.Ta

Yes mate

Youll need the one set off extention strapz ....liners are a good idea to I use them but to be honest there waterproof anyway ...
I rode back from Scotland last year pissed down all the way no water got in :thumb2

Thanks for the advice chappies.

I've gone with Pipster's advice and gone for the Andystrapz panniers etc.

Will pick them up when I'm in Sydney next month.

:thumb

Great.Ta

Yes mate

Youll need the one set off extention strapz ....liners are a good idea to I use them but to be honest there waterproof anyway ...
I rode back from Scotland last year pissed down all the way no water got in :thumb2

Just back from Oz and collected my Andystrapz Expeds :

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I got the extension straps but don't seem to need them.

Will have a fiddle and see how they fit best before packing for the GOTC as I leave here on the overnight boat on Tuesday to head north.

Back
Top Bottom