F800S

Greggers

Reaction score
Wimborne: The centre of my known Universe.
Ok ok - I know already, but my GSate went in to CW for head bearings yesterday, and I got a ride on their F800S loaner to get me home.

First impressions: It sounds like a fukken Massey Ferguson tractor at tickover - seriously, with my earplugs in it sounded like I was in the cabin of a diesel Ford Sierra. However, once it got going ... wow what a difference! I was genuinely surprised at the difference between the two motors. The 'S' seems to be much more free revving, very much more eager than the GS which feels almost strangled by comparison. More torque all over, better performance lower down in the rev range, perkier higher in the rev range...

My question is.... would a Power Commander release this kind of performance, or could my friendly local BMW dealer install the 'S' mapping...

Speaking of mapping....

Greg

Greg

Didn't they do that to the AC Schnitzer?

To take all that POWER lol off road will be mad...fun....but mad.

Fingers crossed ya dealer can do it!!!!

I don't think that a power commander with the 's' map would be a good idea.

I know that the tuning difference between the f650gs and 800gs is in the shape/cut of the cam shafts. IF (i don't know) the cams b/w 'gs' 's' are different running the 's' map with 'gs' cams would not be good.

All that said, i would love to mod my bike with. 1.exhaust slip or full. 2. power commander. 3. air filter. With a full exhaust and 'PC' you would have to gain 15hp not to mention the mid range torque increase (my fave part)

So perhaps you should find out if the cams are the same, or any other differences that would prevent you running the 's' map.

Back
Top Bottom