Clutch lever problem

LindaS

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my new F650 GS. My problem is, I have very small hands and I find the clutch hard work. My fingers just won't reach far enough, to work the clutch comfortably. I'm worried, that one day my fingertips might just slip off the lever. Are there any different shaped levers? Would it be possible to bend the lever or would it break?
I've heard about vario levers. Does anybody here know anything about them?
I can't be the only biker with small hands

Please advise.
Thanks
Linda

Hi Linda,
Have a look at the NippyNormans web site (link at the top of the page) they do the Vario levers. In the meantime - have you tried adjusting the bite point of the clutch with the adjuster - this makes a big difference.

It is almost impossible to bend the levers - they nearly always break even when heated and especially with the cutout, its not worth trying unless you have spares and you may as well put that towards the cost of a Vario lever.

Brake levers

I'm very happy with my new F650 GS. My problem is, I have very small hands and I find the clutch hard work. My fingers just won't reach far enough, to work the clutch comfortably. I'm worried, that one day my fingertips might just slip off the lever. Are there any different shaped levers? Would it be possible to bend the lever or would it break?
I've heard about vario levers. Does anybody here know anything about them?
I can't be the only biker with small hands

Please advise.
Thanks
Linda

Hi Linda

I had a few problems with the levers after an bike crash that reaching was a little tough on me pinkies
But just fitted a pair of varios and so far so good, plenty of ajustment. :thumb2
But see if you can adjust the ones you have first.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom