knobblies on XR125 ??

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Hi - my g/f has just bought a Honda XR-125, and as she wants to play off road until confident enough to go on road, she wants knobblies on it.

Has anyone managed to fit knobblies, say TKC80's to this bike before?

Trouble is, the TKC80 aren't an exact fit, and being slightly wider than the standard tyre, am concerned about clearances etc.

This bike has 90/90-19 front 110/90-17 back.

Closest TKC80 fit I can see is:
- Front: 100/90-19 Tubed or 110/80-19 Tubeless
- Rear: 120/90-17 Tubed

Any one got any experience with knobblies on this bike?

Ta.

Have a look on the Bridgestone sites.....
Putting a lrger tyre on the front is dangerous as the steering will be slowed right down due to gyroscopic effects of the extra mass spinning.

Timpo.

Have a look down this list:-

http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn

Catspaw a quite aggressive.

Also Pirelli MT60

Don't get tricked into thinking you need full on enduro/motox spec tyres, as the lighter bike don't break the surface and this enables them to cross trickeir terrain better that the larger, more powerful pogos.
Many folk who have ridden with Tinatrim, Sarah Teach and Emmsypoo will of seen their smaller machines crossing sections where the larger bikes have trouble.

Timpo.

Hey Timpo - Many thanks for the tips.

Those Pirelli MT60's look like they should do the job; a darn site better than the shite that it's shod with at the moment.

I take your point about it being a light bike etc., which I guess is one of the reasons why the TKC80's aren't in these sizes.

I'll PM you re greenlaning.

Back
Top Bottom