G 450 X with talon wheels

brompton92

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My bike looks a lot better now I have added a few extras.... anybody want a set of standard wheels as new codition for spares ??

Answers on a post card ;)

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

DSC00888.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

:cool:

Your bike looks awesome, i know you weren't too keen on it at first, i would think you are getting used to it a bit more and also enjoying it. Will you be selling your original wheels ? ifso how much as i use mine for Green laneing and enduros so would like a set for each. Let me know.
regards
Dave sampson.

I see you have a lot of white cable ties near the foot peg, are they there to protect the frame? if they are then you might be interested to know that you can now get frame guards for these bikes.

I see you have a lot of white cable ties near the foot peg, are they there to protect the frame? if they are then you might be interested to know that you can now get frame guards for these bikes.

I have tetroseled the frame runners and then put the tie wraps onto protect the frame.

What sort of money are the frame guards ??

Make me an offer on the wheels if you want them

07790 615 664

Andrew

not sure how much the frame guards are, i will find out and send you info tomorrow.

Bike looks very smart ,the Talons are just so bling !!
Are the Wheels still for sale?

Jay B

Yeh... make me an offer on them.

Wheels minus discs and sprocket but complete with tyres and tubes

07790 615 664

I am planning on ebaying them at some point.

Just to update you guys..... I put a 50 tooth rear on with a 14 front and it has transformed the bike no end.

Plenty of lift through the gears with a half decent top end (70 ish) but enough for laneing.

A gang of us went out yesterday on the lanes and I really enjoyed the bike, although it does have a tendency to cough and cut out when opening the throttle at lower speeds.

Do any of you have or know of a cure for this ??

turn the tickover up to about 1950 rpm, that might help a bit.

Left hand side of the bike up near the efi bit its a small brass flat head screw about the size of a half pence.Be very careful as very very small adjustments make a big difference!
Really easy to do with a flat blade screw driver.
Jay B

Will call you tomorrow - keen to do a deal on the wheels.

Jay B

brompton92

What make are your rims? I had a set blue Excel rims on Talon hubs made and found them to be a fair bit heavier that the stock Saxxes wheels that come as standard!!

Left hand side of the bike up near the efi bit its a small brass flat head screw about the size of a half pence.Be very careful as very very small adjustments make a big difference!
Really easy to do with a flat blade screw driver.
Jay B

I have found it and adjusted it roughly 1/4 of a turn, I went for a quick blat out and it does seem better now.

I will have to plead with the wife now for another blat out on the lanes to try it properly. Thanks to you and Sammo for advice.

brompton92

What make are your rims? I had a set blue Excel rims on Talon hubs made and found them to be a fair bit heavier that the stock Saxxes wheels that come as standard!!

Sm pro's and talon hubs, heavy duty stainless spokes.

Talon 50 rear sprocket too in black ;)

I would imagine the billet hubs will be a little heavier than stock.

Back
Top Bottom