APPLECROSS.....Update......

Vermonter100

APPLECROSS..... CHAS Day 26th April

Just to let everyone know, we have alot of interest this year and already, the rooms in Lochcarron are booking fast. Two or three bikes have already said that tents will be used but make sure you are prepared.

I went up and back on Thursday last, 234 miles or thereabouts, each way from Crieff Perthshire and other than frigid cold on the way home...... it was wonderful!!

By the way, no prizes for coming the furthest because there is one GS already reserved, coming from Stratford Upon Avon...... Beat that if you wish.

Rubber Side Down

Couple of options for accommodation......

www.castlecottagebandb.co.uk at 01520 722564
or
www.strathcarronhotel.co.uk at 01520 722227
or
Lochcarron Hotel - 01520 722226

Or if you don't mind riding further on Sunday morning.......
Plockton
Plockton Hotel - 01599 544274
or
The Haven Hotel - 01599 544223
or
Duncraig Castle Hotel - 01599 544 295 made famous or infamous in the TV series.

APPLECROSS...... More of

Just to let anyone else know.....we are hoping to have a fly-by on Sunday around lunch-time.....with a few aerial shots of Applecross.
If we can arrange it and the plane has permission to do so, we might get some pics of bikes on the Bealach.....headed South.

CHAS

What is CHAS please and who benefits?
Any music on the sat night?
Sounds like a good excuse for the run pre-midgie season. Cheers Chubby

Great..... wonderful......after all these weeks, I get asked the most obvious question that I completely forgot to answer immediately....thanks for bringing it up.

Childrens' Hospice Association Scotland.....Currently they have two wonderful Hospices in Central Scotland - The Robin House at Balloch on Loch Lomond and the Rachel House at Kinross.

You may have seen Ewan McGregor stopping at the Robin House.....it's one of his chosen charities and well deserving of the funds.
Actually received a fairly large donation today - from the guy who suggested the whole thing in 2007.
Many thanks Chubby.....hope you can make it. Where in Antrim?

Music on Saturday night - yes in Lochcarron Hotel and probably too at Applecross on Sunday......despite a small turnout the last two years, the food and entertainment put on at Applecross is just perfect.
Do you need anymore info on hotels or B&Bs?

APPLECROSS.....Explanation of "CHAS" and where.....

Sincere apologies to all but for those who have wondered about CHAS, it's the Childrens' Hospice Association Scotland and one that is supported widely throughout the Central belt.

The children who benefit from it are generally those with severe physical handicaps and whose parents look to CHAS every day of their lives.

I came across the Charity by accident, riding with the Blue Knights Easter Run in 2007, we all rode to the Robin House at Loch Lomond are were received by the children, their parents and the carers. It's a wonderful place and needs all the funds it can get. It's twin - The Rachel House is at Kinross and as worth a visit as The Robin House.

I understand that there are other Charity rides that weekend but Applecross was chosen because of it's location, because it's a long ride - from ANYWHERE and because the roads leading there are fantastic, spectacular and of course - challenging.

So please, join us there but be careful.

Just to say Thank You to all who have looked at my previous posts.

We are less than a week away now and there has been a great response. So long as the weather holds and everyone gets there safely, it should be a great event.

The Northern Scot newspaper and it's Motoring section did a feature last Friday which is still rendering interest and the posters and flyers being handed out are garnering more support.

So, please come to Applecross. It's a long way from almost anywhere but after you go - you'll always want to go back.
Be careful on the Bealach Na Ba.

Let me know if you are still looking for accommodation....
colin@stenhousecafe.com

Oh and lastly......anyone know of a good photographer.....who might like to fly with our tame pilot??

Vermonter100, excellent job, well done ... now can you stop opening new threads please. :)

I've merged some of them together now, just bump this one with new posts.

Thank you :thumb2

Vermonter100, excellent job, well done ... now can you stop opening new threads please. :)

I've merged some of them together now, just bump this one with new posts.

Thank you :thumb2
DUCHESS.....

If you have bumped them all together.....that means that my most recent, may not get read. The whole idea of opening a new thread allows anyone looking to SEE that it's a new thread.....capisce?

DUCHESS.....

If you have bumped them all together.....that means that my most recent, may not get read. The whole idea of opening a new thread allows anyone looking to SEE that it's a new thread.....capisce?

The most recent post will bump your original thread showing the whole story in one go and will therefore show as a new post made within. Alot of people search by new posts made here. You'll get more viewings as it makes for a more interesting read to the viewer ..... one post doesnt tell a story and it would be a shame to hide this one ...... understand?

Good, I'm pleased thats sorted.

Good stuff, order has been enforced. :augie:augie

Watching the BBC weather forecasts with interest, nothing special are they?:Motomartin

Burggered if I'm riding all the way from Stranraer in the rain

Back
Top Bottom