One / two day jaunt - France - September 26th (probably)

Wapping

Reaction score
Following on from the (apparent) success of yesterday's jaunt, I thought I might repeat the day out in September.

PROVISIONAL DATE(S): 26 September (to be confirmed - maybe a week earlier?)

If there is enough demand, I wouldn't mind making it into a two day jaunt, if some / all wanted to stay over.

Day one: Riding the circle, followed by evening in France, staying in a reasonably priced hotel.

Day two: Going down to look at a WW1 site (Vimy ridge?) or at the WW2 rocket houses.

ROUTE: A broadly circular route over three legs:

Calais to Cassel for coffee. 40 miles - 90 minutes

Cassel to Le Touquet for lunch - 56 miles - 120 minutes

Le Touquet to Calais - 50 miles - 90 minutes

ROADS: A mixture of D (local) and N (National) with a little bit of motorway to skip Boulogne in leg three.

Day two? Probably N roads to get to wherever we go, then a simple blat back on the motorway.

No off-road or country track stuff, nothing you could not ride on a FireBlade, bicycle or GS.

WHO MIGHT IT SUIT:
Anyone who wants a reasonable simple day (or two) out in France, particularly anyone who is new to riding across the water and wants to see what it is like.

You will be riding each of the three road types (motorway, main and minor) so it's a good basic introduction to what you will find elsewhere beyond the Chunnel.

None of the legs are hard work and could be ridden, without difficulty, by anyone new to motorcycling. It's not a thrash.

NUMBERS: Myself and up to a maximum of nine additional bikes, please. Pillions are welcome, too. I will definitely still run the day(s) if I have less punters. First come, first served.

COST: Not too expensive. A one-day affair will be about a tank of fuel plus say five euro for a coffee and bun, then 20 euro for lunch. Two days: The same, plus a hotel room, meal and the inevitable beers.

The return ticket for the April jaunt was £23 booked well in advance.

TRAIN TIMES: To be confirmed. I would guess at around 08:00 for the outwards leg and at about 18:30 for the return (same for the two-day option).

ANY QUESTIONS Lob them up here or drop me a PM.

Richard

Rory and I are in - happy to act as sweeper again.

Can we play mini golf in Le Touquet?

day tripper

Hi Richard,

im up for this provisionally, my out of hours work duties start the last week in September so would have to check nearer the time but its a yes from me :thumb2

Lloyd

Stickers not withstanding....we're under way.

Rory (bringing his dad)

NCPierce

LBL (to be confirmed)

Back
Top Bottom