Help For Heroes Normandy Tour 1-4th May 2009

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this should be in this forum or Ride Reports so mods please feel free to move if necessary.

I organised a long weekend to Normandy to visit several of the D-Day locations. I had 23 people and 15 bikes join in the fun and I used it as an opportunity to raise money for Help For Heroes. We sold H4H wristbands and H4H also supplied collection boxes and a banner. Money was collected for various transgressions over the weekend e.g. a navigational faux pas - most of them were totally arbitrary and pleas of not guilty were given short shrift:D

As I write this money is still being collected so I have no idea of the total but I will announce this when it has been counted.

I will also get round to posting more photos but as starters here are a couple taken in front of our accommodation which is a chateau 10 miles south of Cherbourg and is run by a fantastic couple Mark and Fiona Berridge who welcome biker parties.

http://www.chateaulemontepinguet.co.uk/home.htm

BHT - if this is not already listed in the Useful Links section then could you do so please? :thumb

I hope you like the pics - check out the two choppers in the front - they are fantastic machines if you like that sort of thing and they are not for display only as the owners go touring on them. :clap

Attachments

• Close group small.jpg
    Close group small.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 90
  • far group small.jpg
    far group small.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 87

Back
Top Bottom