650 X Challenge Exhaust

ONYERBIKE

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a new end can or complete system on their X Challenge?
Been looking for an aftermarket end can to liven up the sound system a little bit, can't make up my mind between the Remus or the Leo Vince X3, whats best without piercing your eardrums?
Akropovic is too expensive for a normal working guy like me :augie

Anyone got any ideas?

HI there just stuck on one that came from metal mule, its made by scorpion its E marked so all road legal but still sounds good, told the insurance company that I'd fitted it and it made no deference to the premium and it cost £230 quid so pleased with it all round and its made in the UK. :thumb But you can always pay twice the price for all the fancy named stuff before the rest of you start...

Cheers for that PeteVito2 I will give them a call during the week as I can only find a can on their site for the 650 GS.

:eek::eek: After finding this on youtube I have decided that my bike, as good as it is, sounds a little bit like a sewing machine with the OE pipe on.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm8XwdWXb1w&feature=related

No problems, give him a call he ordered mine in for me,
they are nice people to deal with... Any problems give me a shout on here.
Pete...:thumb

No problems, give him a call he ordered mine in for me,
they are nice people to deal with... Any problems give me a shout on here.
Pete...:thumb
One last question Pete, has the Scorpion got the removable baffle/ race baffle and if so any idea what the decibel rating is with it removed, or race one fitted?
cheers :thumb2

One last question Pete, has the Scorpion got the removable baffle/ race baffle and if so any idea what the decibel rating is with it removed, or race one fitted?
cheers :thumb2

Yep its removeable, small allan screw holds it in, with it in it is louder than the standard can just nice not too loud, I've not tried it with it out so can't say how loud it is...

After much debating and research I decided to go with the Leo Vince X3 exhaust, mainly because of how flexible it is, it's supplied with 2 european baffles so I can change them around as I please and also because it seemed to get good reviews over on Advrider.
Bought it from those nice guys at Race Spec, it had to go on special order which will take a couple of weeks, shame as I am going on the 1st French Advrider rally next week for a weeks riding around Florac, it would have been nice to see what difference it made.:moped:

After much debating and research I decided to go with the Leo Vince X3 exhaust, mainly because of how flexible it is, it's supplied with 2 european baffles so I can change them around as I please and also because it seemed to get good reviews over on Advrider.
Bought it from those nice guys at Race Spec, it had to go on special order which will take a couple of weeks, shame as I am going on the 1st French Advrider rally next week for a weeks riding around Florac, it would have been nice to see what difference it made.:moped:

How much was the Leo Vince?

UK RRP is £336 although you can get it on Italian and German Ebay for cheaper, I think around the £280 ish mark on Italian ebay, I couldn't find one on there, me Italians not up to much!

Well after waiting 3 weeks for my exhaust to be sent to France, the Leo Vince X3 turned up today from the nice guys at Race Spec. (in fairness to Martin at racespec he told me that it was a special order and would take 2-3 weeks so I was expecting a delay)

All assembled and fitted within the hour, no problems.

Tried the bike with the standard FIM baffle fitted, nice sound, bit more of a crisp bark, not too loud :thumb2

Tried the race baffle.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Think demented rotweiller that hasn't been fed anything but Red Bull for the last two weeks!

F#ck me, I don't think that I would venture out on the road with the race baffle fitted, and I live in a race town in France where everyone has a race pipe on their bike

I realise that this thread is about the X Challenge, but having an X Country myself I just wonder whether anyone knows if any of the above end cans would fit my bike.
If so, what difference does it make? Is the sound just a bit louder, or a more 'sporty' noise?.
Do the original heat shields still fit, or do the new cans come with their own shields?
Anyone gone down the Remus route?

Sorry for all the questions, but any advice gratefully received.

Penguin

Staintune.

I have a Staintune pipe on mine. They say they meet the ADR, our equivelent of E thingy.
Not too loud (but I also have a Ducati, so maybe anything is quiet after that :D).

I think it looks good too:

MOLAHSstaintune.jpg
[/IMG]

I realise that this thread is about the X Challenge, but having an X Country myself I just wonder whether anyone knows if any of the above end cans would fit my bike.
If so, what difference does it make? Is the sound just a bit louder, or a more 'sporty' noise?.
Do the original heat shields still fit, or do the new cans come with their own shields?
Anyone gone down the Remus route?

Sorry for all the questions, but any advice gratefully received.

Penguin
As far as I know the exhausts for the X Challenge will fit both the X Country and the X Moto but obviously check this out with the supplier.

The Leo vince is supplied with 2 new carbon heat shields and it does sound more sporty with the FIM baffle fitted, not a great deal louder
:eek:With the race baffle fitted it definately sounds alot sportier! If you use it on the road it will probably get you in trouble though :rob
It feels as though the bike breathes a little more easily with the new can, feels a bit more powerfull although this may be just in the head, the new sound track is addictive :drool

I have a Staintune pipe on mine. They say they meet the ADR, our equivelent of E thingy.
Not too loud (but I also have a Ducati, so maybe anything is quiet after that :D).

I think it looks good too:

Hi OzMatt, Can I ask you a favour ? Could you please measure that BMW luggage rack you have and let me know what the exterior width is at the point where the black cross bar is. In other words how wide is the rack at its widest point ( not just the aluminium bit)

Thanks in advance :thumb

Hi OzMatt, Can I ask you a favour ? Could you please measure that BMW luggage rack you have and let me know what the exterior width is at the point where the black cross bar is. In other words how wide is the rack at its widest point ( not just the aluminium bit)

Thanks in advance :thumb

Hi Rushy,

just read your post.

The widest point is above the front mounting point (and a little towards the rear), the rack is 310mm at its widest.

The front mounting points are about 300mm wide.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

Hope this makes sense:confused:

Back
Top Bottom