Jaq and Lin on the road in Europe and other places mid May to mid Aug 09

Jaqhama

Hi everyone

As some of you probably know Shalako-Lin and myself are off on our big ride around Europe/Morocco and Turkey/Romania (and possibly a quick flight to Cairo for a few days to see the pyramids).

We arrive in the UK mid May and will picking up our BMW R100 GS from Essex.
Then it's a few days riding around the southern part of the UK, visiting my old home town of Portsmouth and a few other places. Sorting the bike and gear, making sure nothing comes loose or falls off and deciding if we need anything else.

Then we're meeting up with Turkey-Dave and his lady Linda and heading to Paris for a couple of days.
Then it's down to Spain and Gibralter and over to Moroc for a week to ten days.
After this Lin and I plan to ride the French Central Massif and then follow the route of the river Var around Italy. (Got paper route maps for those two rides. Curtesy of chaps on ADVrider.)
We also want to stop in Venice for a day or two.

After that we're not entirely sure.
The basic plan is to ride over to Turkey and catch up with Dave and Linda. Then after a few days checking out the local attractions, ride up to Romania and do the Transgrafen (I really can't remember how to spell that road?) Highway. The Dracula Route over the Transylvanian mountains.

After than it will be across Hungary (we guess) and over to the Swiss Alps to stay a few days with another biker friend. (Papasteed from www.couchsurfers.com)

Then back to the UK and ride around different parts until it's time to leave in mid August.

We're not on a tight schedule. We have 3 months. If we like someplace we'll stay a few days. If we get bored or the weather is crap we'll put the pedal to the metal and zoom off somewhere else.

As we probably have longer to tour around than most of you we don't expect anyone to be able to join us for the whole 3 months.

But if anyone, male or female, or a riding couple would like to join up with us in different places please feel free to post up.

We're hoping to camp as much as we can and also rely on the generosity of people on Couchsufers.com
We will stay in B&B or Pensions or whatever, if for whatever reason, we can't or don't want to camp on a particular day and no couches are available.

We're not loud. We don't drink. (Well Jaq will have a whiskey or a rum and coke now and again.) Lin doesn't smoke. Jaq's trying not too. We're quite happy to park up someplace and walk around or go for a quick hike up to a mountain lookout.
We won't be blasting along at Lightspeed. We most certainly won't be using motorways.
We're quite happy to ride dirt roads or piste, provided it doesn't turn into a boulder strewn, rutted goat track.

Can't think of anything else to mention.
As I said...no definite dates and nothing set in stone.
We'll go where the winds and the good weather takes us.

Yol Bolsun. (May there be a road)

Cheers: Jaq and Lin.

Lin and I are in Essex at Maverick's place.
He and wife Michelle are great people.
The bike I bought from Monty is excellent and we're now waiting for another couple from ADV to hook up with us tonight and we will be heading off to France via the tunnel train early a.m. on Friday.
Then visit Paris, then ride down to Moroc.

Cheers: Jaq and Lin.

Right..shaft fixed.

Lin and I are back on the road again.
Thanks to the unfailing help and genorosity of Maverick and his wife.

Now riding down to Cornwall for a week.

Wave if you see a black and yellow BMW GS with a large blue bag on the back.

Right..shaft fixed.

Lin and I are back on the road again.
Thanks to the unfailing help and genorosity of Maverick and his wife.

Now riding down to Cornwall for a week.

Wave if you see a black and yellow BMW GS with a large blue bag on the back.

Hi guys hope your having fun up to date, If you make it up around North Devon the kettle is always on, i,m in Barnstaple call by if you need anything
cheers Mark

Back
Top Bottom