Hairpin...

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
...turns! :D

I'll make it simple: where to find some???
Leaving from London, possibly a one day trip.
London -> lots of hairpin turns -> London :augie

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Your sincerely,
er-minio

:beerjug:

Or Google 'hairpin roads UK' - look what I found: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4683276.stm

Yes, there was a thread on the forum about it a few weeks ago.
Zig zag hill.

I'm planning to go to Lyme Regis probably the next week-end and that road is nearby, so I'll give it a try :)
I was looking for something more than "a mile" though :D

Lake district will be in the first weeks of june.

I've got 1 hairpin bend where I live on the road from Banbury to Warwick
Otherwise I suggest Passo del Stelvio

er-minio

On your way to Lyme Regis can I suggest to try the A339 from Basingstoke to Alton. From Alton take the A32 past Bahnstormers then hang a right at West Meon Hut onto the A272 to Wiinchester. You can carry on cross country to Lyme Regis from there :thumb

Quote from the BBC web page:

"The A4074 out of Reading isn't called locally the "Seven Bends of Death" for nothing!
Warren Swaine, Reading, UK"

It used to be called the 'thirteen bends of death' when I lived in them there parts

I suppose that's the reccession for ya :blast

Cheers for the tips guys (I'll be part of the 'Lyme Regis group' tomorrow). The back route to Winchester (from Farnham, where I live) is a staple for us so we'll definitely be doing it and picking up a friend + Fireblade.

Cand picking up a friend + Fireblade.

I'm quite sure your friend can easily travel as your pillion passenger... but I think it's quite complex to fix (even using the cargo net) a fireblade on the back of my S. :augie :D

Se you tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom